Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wisdom

“King Solomon”

Why King Solomon was the richest man in the Bible days and who said He was?

1Ki 3:13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honor: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days
Chronicles 9:22, "And King Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom."
Can you imagine, King Solomon never once asked for anything and He received it all for all his days? How wonderful is our Savior! How does he treat this and what happen to him? Wisdom, Money,
What could he be lacking?

After reading some of this great kings story I realized, wow, he had way too much to start with, he was so loved by our Father who had so many plans for him. Solomon is the son of King David, he had several siblings. His story is so interesting and so detailed that I can only surface some of the areas, please take time to read the book of kings in your bible, do some referencing. I cannot even comprehend this next statement; Solomon had seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines. He had his own country in his home…Pharaoh’s daughter and other well known people, Moab, Ammon, Sidon and the Hittites.

Amazingly as that is, it would be his fall as well. They would teach him to believe in other Gods. Solomon became King after his father King David died. This all happened because his mother Bathsheba enforced it before King David’s surmise. David’s fourth son believed he would be the next king, he felt he was the next heir inline. Before dying he also had his General Joab killed too for killing other generals.

One of the qualities most ascribed to Solomon is his wisdom. Solomon prays: "Give Thy servant an understanding heart to judge Thy people and to know good and evil."1 Kings 3:9 "So God said to him, "Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, I will do what you have asked..."" (1 Kings 3:11-12) The Bible also states that: "The whole world sought audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom God had put in his heart." (1 Kings 10:24)

The thing he had that was so valuable would become his worst sin; his wisdom. Solomon reigned for 40 years, he accomplished so much within that time, but he let the worldly things take over, losing him the most important gift he had, knowing that all would be torn apart, for Jesus told him this.

The Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned away from Him, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice and had commanded him concerning this thing that he should not go after other gods. But he did not keep what the LORD commanded. Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, "Since this has been your practice and you have not kept my covenant and my statutes that I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you and will give it to your servant. Yet for the sake of David your father I will not do it in your days, but I will tear it out of the hand of your son. However, I will not tear away the entire kingdom, but I will give one tribe to your son, for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem that I have chosen.

There is so much more to this story, but I wanted you to see that even though you have every materialistic thing possible, without Jesus you have nothing. Even as precious as Solomon was to God, and Solomon knew this, it still wasn’t enough for him, he had to go out and take what others had.

So all the riches in the world did nothing for his wisdom; he let women change his beliefs. Folks, you have to take care of yourself, choose your friends wisely, choose your spouse’s wisely and follow Gods commands for your life, for He will always be there for you. Do you have people in your life who are leading you astray? If so now is the time to ask God for deliverance from them. I ask God’s blessings on each of your lives with the wisdom to do what’s right in Gods eyes. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brenda for showing just what Wisdom is.I see you after reading your blogs you understand wisdom very well.You have opened up my eyes to wisdom lately and I do need to sit back look my life over and begin to use wisdom in my life.Keep up the great work .

    ReplyDelete