Wednesday, October 6, 2010

“Walking with Jesus”

It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying—"he disappeared, because God took him." For before, he was taken up; he was known as a person who pleased God. And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

Dear Father, please give me the courage to dream your dreams, to take greater risks of faith, and go out and tell others about You and Your Heavenly Kingdom.

God longs to walk with you, which is why his arms of grace have been pulling you into a closer walk with him. From the very beginning, God had a relationship with Adam and Eve that found them "walking in the garden in the cool of the day" (Genesis 3:8). God created man for the enjoyment of a walking relationship that involved companionship. He craves for us to be His friends and to walk with Him. Did you know that Enoch was the first man in the Bible who walked with God: After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. All the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him" (Genesis 5:22–24.) Can you even imagine, we are lucky if we live to be in our 80’s, and if we have given a fourth of life to God. To be able to walk with God all those years and to be taken to Heaven is such a beautiful thought, and that is what gives me faith, faith to dream, and faith to believe. Enoch was the first man to uncover the true delight of walking with God. He found something even Adam did not experience. He pressed into God until he learned how to commune with God through every facet of life. When the fire of God captures you, it will ignite you with a great passion to walk with God and to be his friend.


Dear Father I ask for this fire today, I ask for favor in my life and Father I want to walk with you, I open my heart to you. I love you so much. I ask to be like Enoch and have the desires of heart to walk with you until I take my last breath here on earth and reunite with you in Heaven. In Jesus name, I ask these things, Amen!


God wants to hear from you, say the above prayer. God bless you my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Brenda you do awesome blogs.I pray to God each day and I hope hope he hears me as some days I do need him at my side very bad.Keep it up Brenda doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job brenda and i know you will be by his side one day please keep up this good work
    HBS

    ReplyDelete