Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tears

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, Psalm 56:8 says. “Record my lament; list my tears on your scroll — are they not in your record?” While not specific to women, it does say that God counts all our tears. Neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
“There are two places in the Revelation where God wipes away the tears of His people. One is in Rev. 7:17 and pertains to Tribulation Martyrs newly arrived in Heaven, and the other is in Rev. 21:4 speaking of believers in the New Jerusalem at the beginning of the Millennium. In both cases we are to know there will be no more tears once we pass to Heaven. In the New Testament while there are a number of references to weeping which must include tears, there are, in the life of Jesus only three references to tears as such.
The first is the noun tears that occurs twice, and the second the verb-version of the same word, which we might translate shed-tears. The Woman who anointed Jesus (Luke.7:38, 44)
She stood behind him [Jesus] at his feet, weeping, and began to bathe his feet with her tears and to dry them with her hair. Then she continued kissing his feet and anointing them with the ointment. Jesus later explained the situation to his host -
"...she has bathed my feet with her tears...her sins, were many, have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love."
Jesus in Gethsemane (Hebrews 5:7-8a)
In the days of his flesh,
Jesus offered up prayers and supplications,
with loud cries and tears,
to the one who was able to save him from death,
and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Although he was a Son,
he learned obedience through what he suffered
Jesus before raising Lazarus (John 11:33-36)
This has the verb-form of tears
When Jesus saw her [Mary] weeping, and the Jews…also weeping, he was greatly disturbed in spirit and deeply moved. He said, "Where have you laid him?" They said to him, "Lord, come and see." Jesus began to weep. So the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"
I wanted to write on tears today because I have been faced with many lately, for different reasons, so I wanted to see how Jesus had dealt with tears while He was here on earth. Some good tears, others pleading for us and Himself. Have you ever just sat and cried, not knowing why? I have, and at the time I didn’t have a clue as to why, but later after I had got through it I was able to reflect and find the reasons. I do ask Jesus all the time to please keep count of my tears for I know my buckets are overflowing and what an awesome feeling knowing that they will be dumped as soon as I cross through the gates of heaven. God stores our tears, I like to tell people that every time it rains someone else just crossed over to heaven. I find this also helps me through the rainy gloomy days.
If you ever had trouble believing Jesus came back as a human, you need to pick up the bible and read the over 200 times that Jesus cried. Most of those were for us, and when He went to that cross, there would be no more tears for Him. As He has promised us, He will allow suffering and pain and tears here on earth, but He will not permit them in Heaven, your spirit will be renewed. For me this is always a time that I never understand where the tears come from, when I am in prayer and the Lords spirit takes over my body, I always seem to come out of prayer crying, but a tear of relief.
So the next time you find yourself crying, ask yourself why? Reflect on those tears, pray about them, then ask God to store them for you and to help you get through the situation you are going through, and maybe it’s something simple or even the death of a loved one. My Jesus can turn those tears into smiles…I praise you Father and I ask for Healing for all those that are reading this blog and I ask for their tears be stored to be released when they get home to you. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Very nice on tears Brenda as we all go through tears in life some for pain some for joy but what I have known of you in the past while it is for pain and I do hope it is gone form you soon so that you are able to have tears of laughter and happiness.Please keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete