Monday, January 18, 2010

Hezekiah

Was Hezekiah special in Gods eyes?
I wanted to write about Hezekiah because of just how special he was and even though his life was to be short, His faith kept him alive longer. I pray that God will use me as He did Hezekiah.. You can find his story in the 2 book of kings, please take time to read about a man of God. Follow up by reading the book of Chronicals.


Hezekiah was a very famous man in his time; he was recognized for at least two special events.


Hezekiah was a son King Ahaz, a man who did not believe in God. Luckily Hezekiah chose to not follow his father’s footsteps; He chose to do right in the sight of God. When Hezekiah became king he immediately removed and destroyed the false religious worship in Israel and restored the temple worship, sacrifices, the Levitical and priestly ministries and Passover Did you know that Hezekiah was given an additional fifteen years to live, all because he believed and trusted in God? Hezekiah was so known for his underground canal and water pool that he created during the difficult wars. He was a God fearing man who loved following our Lord.
Read this next paragraph very carefully, this shows you just how much the Lord listens to all your pleas and hears and even feels all those tears that fall.


In those days Hezekiah became mortally ill. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, 'Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live.'"

As you just read the Lord had told him he was going to die, get your life in order. How would you of handled this situation, I know I would have been begging God to please give me more time, help me to get things right in His eyes. Well it looks like that is exactly what Hezekiah did: keep reading.

Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed to the LORD, saying, "Remember now, O LORD, I beseech Thee, how I have walked before Thee in truth and with a whole heart, and have done what is good in Thy sight." And Hezekiah wept bitterly. And it came about before Isaiah had gone out of the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, "Return and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David," I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD. And I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake and for My servant David's sake.

All because God knew his heart and that he had walked with Him and for Him that the Lord granted Hezekiah more time to continue living and doing His will.

It hasn’t changed people, He just wants us to cry to Him wholeheartedly and to walk with Him daily, and He listens and hears our cries of help...so please keep this in mind. How many Hezekiah’s have you met in your life? Are you a Hezekiah?

For he clung to the LORD; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments, which the LORD had commanded Moses. And the LORD was with him; wherever he went he prospered. 2 Kings 20:5-6 Not many followed the Lord till the end, but Hezekiah did. Will You?

As for me I hope that the Lord will allow me to not only follow but I pray He will use me and allow me to do His work the rest of the days of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Very very nice Brenda bought tears to my eyes.I to Pray for God and will walk with him each and every day.Brenda I am sure he would be proud of you to help do his work on earth rest of your life.Plus I am sure God would love that you walk with him each day. Please keep up the great work.Very proud of you Brenda.

    ReplyDelete