Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gethsemane

Where is Gethsemane?
This is the place where Jesus went and prayed about his most difficult decision He would ever have to make. Should He allow them to capture Him and take the blame for something he didn’t do or would He allow the angels to intercede and take Him?
On the night before he was crucified, Jesus was in great danger. Judas, one of the twelve disciples, had left the Passover meal and went out to betray Jesus. Judas went to accept a bribe of thirty pieces of silver in return for telling the priests where they could find and arrest Jesus. Jesus went to the garden of Gethsemane, just outside of Jerusalem, to pray. He was feeling very sad. It was here that the greatest battle by a single person was ever fought. When was the last time you found your Gethsemane and got alone with God and asked Him to allow His will in your life? Did you follow through or did you run away? When we are going through difficult times we need to turn our troubles over to God, sometimes you need to pray more than once, just as Jesus prayed three times to His Father when making the biggest decision of his life. Of course He didn’t want to go through all the pain and suffering He faced, but He knew His Father would be with him as he walked towards the cross. Even as Judas turned Him in to the army that came after Him, Jesus was given the opportunity to call on an army of angels, but His mind was already made up, He would die on the cross for us. I was so amazed to read that when Judas kissed him on the cheek, When Jesus asked the soldiers who they were looking for and they said we are looking for Jesus of Nazareth He (Jesus) spoke up and said I am Jesus of Nazareth. Would you of turned yourself in if you were innocent? Jesus not only told who He was, but He did it with such a force that the bible tells us the some of the army of men, fell over. Did you know that Jesus even then asked one thing; to let everyone else go, see even here He was looking out for us.
Jesus is still sought after by some of us. He loved us so much that day in the garden of Gethsemane. Jesus is the mighty I am, He can still be found, no matter where you are. If you are facing pain today or trouble, just remember what Jesus did, He prayed! Seek Him today; give all your worries over to Him.
In a vision I was standing at a well, was lost and all alone when I looked over I was in Gethsemane, the figure I saw told me to come closer, I was scared, but soon I realized it was Jesus in the garden reaching for me to come nearer, His outstretched arms were so comforting I moved closer, at this time He showed me the Dwelling place, a place where He would send me to be filled with His spirit. You say there are no wells in Gethsemane, I soon found out there was a big hole in this Gethsemane, the water is running dry, but the Spirit moves. Will He send me back to this Dwelling place? Will the water of Christ be filled with His precious blood again? Lord I ask that you send me to the Gethsemane that is filled with your precious blood and the well is running, where no army can enter nor harm your children.
I love you Precious Father in Jesus’ name. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brenda for todays blog as i had no idea about Gethsemane but after reading todays I am feeling silly in one way but very proud of you for shareing it with us and I speak of anyone that reads your blogs.Brenda I hope I am not out of line to say this but I am so proud of the job you are doing and the work you put into the blogs.

    ReplyDelete