Monday, January 4, 2010

"Understanding"

Samuel Butler once wrote: A blind man knows he cannot see, and is glad to be led, though it be by a dog; but he that is blind in his understanding, which is the worst blindness of all, believes he sees as the best, and scorns a guide.

My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. ...Proverbs 3:1-35
Each day one of us thinks we understand and have the answers to everything..How wrong we are, just think about the last time you thought you understood why you did something and later found out you didn’t really have a clue. For us its like the blind leading the blind, we walk thru earth not even bothering to get a dog, at least the blind are smart enough to do that and they have their other senses that take over. Oh but not us, we just believe we understand why we are going to do something, we forget to ask God for his divine understanding. Gods understanding may be different from yours, maybe that’s what we are scared of, that overwhelming fear overcomes us, because once again we fall short.
Pride takes over us, and boy will it make u lose all sense of understanding. “ The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride”. Eccl:7:8,9
Pride overcomes all sense of understanding, we are so prideful that we wont even allow God to place understanding within us.
Do you ever wonder why some people just can't see how much they hurt you? This has crossed my mind so much lately, I personally have been put in situations that I personally couldn't understand, I cry, I hurt inside out. I realize that people just don’t care, but wait, why not? Have they not been hurt in some form or fashion before, and if so, did anyone have understanding for them. I found for myself those that hurt me, don’t know the same God I do, for He is UNDERSTANDING, HE supersedes all forms of compassion. So you ask what did you do? Let me tell you, after the tears finally stopped, I bowed before God and thanked him for understanding and I asked him to give those that hurt me some understanding, I lift them up to God, for healing within their souls., see those that hurt me were people I thought loved me, or at least cared for me. Maybe they don’t, but the one who I look up to always gives understanding.
Please take time in your life and ask God for understanding and compassion. Remember it may be you that is crying next.
"God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?""
-Hebrews 13:5-6

2 comments:

  1. Very well put Brenda.We do sometimes get caught up in life and forget to ask God for a helping hand.For them that hurt you can not answer why. No man has the right to hurt you as ones have and I pray they ask God for the answers to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live your life for Christ and try your best as a Christian and do not let the opinion of others effect your life, because the only one who can judge you is God.

    ReplyDelete