Wednesday, July 7, 2010

“The arms of Strength”



Psalms 18:32-36 32 it is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. 33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. 34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. 35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. 36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.


The word strength means mental power, force, vigor, moral power, firmness, and courage. Our strength comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. In Philippians 4:13 we read," I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. “Also found in II Corinthians 12:9,"... and he said to me, ' my grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness. ‘Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." During a lifetime, we will face some of life's trials and tribulations. No one is immune to them. These will be several upsets along the way as well as losses, such as a loss of a job, failure in a relationship, or the death of a loved one, to name a few. All God ask of us is to be strong and trust in Him. As 2 Samuel reads, God is our Strength.


God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.2 Samuel 22:33


Deuteronomy11:8Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day, that ye may be strong, and go in and possess the land, whither ye go to possess it;


Depend on our own strength, or receive strength from God? The answer found in Scripture is clear. It is a blessing and a benefit to receive strength from God by studying His Word. I hope that each of you will pick Gods word up and look at all the scripture on strength, and realize that you cannot exist on earth without Gods strength.


God bless you this day with the strength of a lion: and may He carry you in His arms as the wings of an eagle.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and true blog Brenda.I look to God for strenght each day right now and he gives to me what I need to make it through.I also get strenght right now off the blogs you do.You are doing a AWESOME job for God in helping me.Keep up the great work PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete