Saturday, July 31, 2010

“Laziness”

Proverbs 21:25 The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour. 21:26 He coveteth greedily all the daylong: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.



Lately I have just felt so lazy; I cannot get the desire to do anything at home. Sure, I have been unable to do a lot since the surgery; however, I decided to take it to the Lord. I ask this day for energy and control over the pain so that I can accomplish things I desire.

Every day on my way to work, I see homeless and my heartbreaks for them, however, there are a couple that I know has been offered jobs and they refuse. One in particular has said he makes more money not working than we do working and he laughs about it. Therefore, I do know there are many that do not want better for their life. It is those that make it bad for those who really do not have a home, or job, or anything. I went into Gods word seeking the subject of laziness and was shocked to find several scriptures relating to the subject.


I do believe the Lord is talking more about those that will not do anything to help themselves or their families, than me for having a bad day. I do know I am not going to chance it; I will put my heart into cleaning what I am blessed to have. Proverbs is especially filled with wisdom concerning laziness and warnings to the lazy person. Proverbs tells us that a lazy person hates work: A lazy person becomes a servant: “Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor” 12:24 The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute. His future is bleak: “A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing”. The bible uses the word sluggard for lazy.


As a Christian, I know there is no room for laziness, we must make time for our home but also time for the lost and we cannot be lazy about getting out there to help. We know that God will reward us for what we sew.


1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Solomon warns us many times over in the book of Proverbs about the sluggard. One who puts things off, who finds every excuse in the world to not go outside, there are also those who are spiritually lazy, not only do you not want to get off your lazy bottom, you don’t want to hear or talk about God. That is one laziness I never wish upon anyone for without God you are nothing. And with laziness you will never accomplish anything that God requires of you, so they go hand in hand.


I suggest today that you get up and get out. Let God take care of the rest. He will give you the strength and the courage if you only ask. No more excuses folks. It is time to start anew and work. God bless you my friends. I personally ask for this strength today to get things done and for healing unknowns to human doctors. Praise you Father in Jesus Holy Name. Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Brenda you are very right there is no room for laziness if a person is lazy they have to be trold and get up and go find what they want and ask for help form God on thetre way.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,

    This is so true for me. I stay tired all the time if I am not napping after work, I just want to enjoy my time and not clean my house or do anything. I really need prayers for my laziness.

    ReplyDelete