Friday, July 30, 2010

“Lend a Helping Hand”

Jesus informs us of our duties: feed the poor, give water to the thirsty, be welcoming and hospitable, and visit those in prison. It is such a blessing in life to be able to be a blessing to others.


The sovereign Lord says: Look, I myself will search for my sheep and seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his scattered sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they have been scattered on a cloudy, dark day. I will bring them out from among the peoples and gather them from foreign countries; I will bring them to their own land.

This shows us God’s care for His people, that he retrieves them from the places they were scattered and nurtures them. In the same way, God cares for and nurtures us, and rescues us from sin through Christ. So the point is God has always given, and continues to help us in more ways than we can ever help others.


James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom, which he hath promised to them that, love him?


James 1:2-8 2 Peter 1:2-8 (King James Version) 2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.


Today, we have to look at how we can minister to the poor. We have to take the necessary time to feed those who are hungry, to put roofs over those that are homeless. Thru out the Bible you will find where it talks about taking care of those less fortunate. When I hear about those that are hungry, no shoes on their feet, no place to lay their head down at night, I get sick to my stomach. I want to do Gods will but I know that I cannot do it alone. However, if I do not start it somewhere, how can others follow? Each of us has something to give. Some have wealth, some have talents, and some have time. Whatever gifts we have been given, large or small, we should share generously. When we do, we make the world better for someone else and find true meaning and satisfaction in our own lives.


Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.


God bless each of you my friends, and if you are in need, please reach out and let others know. If you have extra, please help those less fortunate.



1 comment:

  1. Brenda you are such a awesmoe person as I can see as i read your blogs you dio care for all.Little like myself I give where I am able to and to some it means more than it does to otheres but i just do as I can even at the time I do not know them.But I do try and help.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete