Friday, July 2, 2010

Where do you worship?

Where do you worship?

Worship God in the way that is acceptable to the Lord so we can go to heaven when this life is over. Jesus says in John 4:24, "God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

For us to worship God in spirit and in truth we must make sure we obey all of His commandments as given by Him in the Bible on how He is to be worshipped. Anything we do for God must be our very best. Jesus tells us in Matthew 22:37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. All our heart, soul, and mind, or in other words, our total being must be in our worship. Did you know it is a privilege to get to worship God, a total honor?

His word is truth; we must worship Him according to His word. Here the Lord is telling us that everything we do in worship, we must have God's divine approval.

So, when do you pray?
Think about that for a moment. Think about when you pray before you start reciting the endless list in your head about why you don't have the time to pray that you think you should, would or could, if only. Take a deep breath, and ponder this for a moment. See, if you do not pray then you cannot be worshipping God either. Our hopes and dreams are also prayers. All be it not always spoken, our thoughts convey our desires to God.

How many of you lay down at night and start praying and before you know it you are asleep? Why is it some think nighttime is the only time you can pray, Do you believe that God only hears you then. I have news for you, God hears your ever thought 24/7, you make time to do the things you love, please don’t forget you would be nothing and have nothing if it wasn’t for the love of your Heavenly Father. It does not matter where you worship God, home, in car, at work, what matters is that you do.

Matthew 6:6.7 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

 
The answer here is that if you want Jesus to be in your life, it is an honor. All He ask in return is that you worship Him, Praise Him and Glorify His Holy Name. So the next time you feel yourself getting sleepy while praying, remind yourself that Jesus suffered so that you could have life and forgiveness, so please make time for Him before you get tired. I find myself praying all thru the day and night, I feel I can’t get enough of talking to Jesus, He is my best friend, He listens even when I am talking foolishly. See Jesus loves us, so get in private and talk to your best friend, Jesus Chist. Thank Him for giving you a promise of eternal life. I praise you this day Precious Father, and thank you for loving me and being my best friend, I ask for peace and your friendship for my friends. Thank you Father in Jesus name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog Brenda. I pray in all over I pray when I need to through out the day and nights.Some one told me the other night when i went to bed to pray as i layed down and I did but I have done my prayers from my bed many years.Keep up the grat work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete