Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Food for thought!

I sit here wondering, why am I even writing today, don’t seem to be anyone reading . I know I write because the Lord led me to, and I do not want to let Him down. So I ask God what should I write about today. Food comes to mind. So I just ask for direction and give Glory and thanks to our Heavenly Father for all that He has given to me and I also ask for His divine forgiveness today.

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

"Have you eaten?" Jesus gave the people bread to eat but He wanted to give them even more. He wanted to give them The Bread of Life that would satisfy their every need.

Christians, and well, people in general, are but mere seeds. Within our bodies, are our souls, our spirits, and our minds. We have the potential to be whatever our heart desires. Within us is both good and evil, it is our choice to decide what side we act upon. See food isn’t always in the form of what we put into our bodies, there is also the food of life that we also put into our bodies, but this time using our minds. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.


(Psalm 34:10) Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. (Psalm 37:3) And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.


--Joel 2:26Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. (Matthew 6:25-32)


These above scripture says it all, We shall want for nothing, God is the all sufficient one, Trust in Him for all your needs. When I started writing and the Lord said food, of course what came to mind was food as in I am hungry, my stomach is growling, even though I personally wasn’t hungry. I am always hungry for God’s word and wisdom. I hope you will look Heavenly for all your needs, Trust God to fill you!


God bless you this day!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome Brenda there is two foods one for hunger and the one from God of words for wisdom and daily I look for them both I use them both.Please keep up the great work once in awhile I can not get on to do the blogs but I will catch up.

    ReplyDelete