Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dealing and Overcoming Fear

Someone very dear to me is battling an illness that has them overwhelmed, angry, sad, and full of fear. As I pray for them, I feel such tightness in myself, a feeling I wish I could release. I want to be able to reach out to this person and fill them with God’s love. I want them to fear no one but God. There are two different types of fear, so I want to see if I can explain the difference based on what the Bible says about it. I pray that if you too are battling a disease or illness that you will reach out for God and ask for peace and comfort, then trust in it.


Fear of the Lord brings with it many blessings and benefits. It is the beginning of wisdom and leads to good understanding.


The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever. Psalm 111:10

Fear of the Lord leads to life, rest, peace, and contentment.


The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
Proverbs 19:23.

In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge. It is the fountain of life and provides a security and a place of safety for us.27The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.  Proverbs 14:26 &27


I hope these above scriptures give you a better understanding of fearing God. Now, let me try to explain fear in the earthly sense. Isaiah 41:10 encourages us, “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” No one is the same with it comes to love, but all can love the same if they know God “There is no fear in love. However, perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. I would say that to overcome fear, then, is to have complete trust in God. Trusting God is a refusal to give in to fear. It is a turning to God even in the darkest times and trusting Him to make things right. This trust comes from knowing God and knowing that He is good. As Job said when he was experiencing some of the most difficult trials recorded in the Bible, (Job 13:15 KJV). Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. 


 What does fear look like? You tell me… The Healer to me looks like and is JESUS!




My friend ask for Jesus to Heal you today…


I hope that this will help you in giving over your fears to God and realize that He loves you. Trust Him my friends. God bless you this day!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Brenda.I do hope the fear your friend does have can be over come and He take the side of the Lord as he would be in awesome hands to be looked after. I pray for him to do the right thing before it is to late.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very touching story. I know I have turned to God to see me through so much. It seems like one thing seems to be ok then I'm told something else. All I can do is to give it to God theres nothing else I can do.

    ReplyDelete