Friday, July 23, 2010

King David

“King David” is still being talked about thousand years after his time, He starts the New Testament of the bible from verse one in Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. You will also find where David is still being talked about in the book of Revelation in chapter 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.



There are aspects in his life that are still a mystery. So let us see what we can find out about this brave kid, as he becomes an adult. David was the youngest of eight kids; his primary job was to watch his dad’s flocks. David was a skilled harp player; he was even summoned by the King of his time, King Saul to play for him. I know each of you that have children are very proud of them at different times in their life, I am sure at this time that David’s father Jesse (Ruth 4:22 Jessie And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.) was very proud to have a son who was going to be playing for the King himself. Just imagine getting a call to have your child play for the President of the U.S.

I personally have questions, so I am going to try to find the answers. What is the connection between Jesus, and David, who lived a thousand years earlier? Why do Matthew and Luke need us to understand that Jesus is a descendent of David? What does it mean for Jesus to be the "Son of David"?


I think most of us are aware that Jesus was born in the City of David, Bethlehem, where we found David being anointed by Samuel. (Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham) gives the proof that Jesus, in His humanity, was a direct descendant of Abraham and David through Joseph, Jesus' legal father. In Luke chapter 3 we find Jesus' lineage through His mother, Mary. Jesus is a descendant of David, by adoption through Joseph, and by blood through Mary. Jesus was the fulfilled prophesy. Jesus' lineage is provided twice -- once in Matthew 1:1-17 and once in Luke 3:23-38. At this time these scriptures totally confuse me, they are similar yet so far apart. This is something I give to the Lord for wisdom.


We know that God is rejected as king. Moreover, the people wanted a king, but not Jesus, and we know that Jesus could have been ugly about the whole situation, but He was not, because we know that God supplied the people of their time the best possible earthly king that they could have. David was a man whose heart was fully devoted to the Lord. We find testimony to that not only in the fabulous collection of Psalms that he wrote, but also in what other people said about him throughout the rest of the Bible. Even as mean as the Israelites were to God, He still was good to them, because you see that is the kind of God and King that He is. We also know that the prophesy would be fulfilled, because Jesus would become the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.


Precious Precious Father I come to you in the name of Jesus asking for wisdom and knowledge about your word the Bible. As I study and look for the things I feel you want me to share with the world I find many aspects of David’s life that I don’t have enough knowledge to share with others, so please touch my spirit and mind and give me the word that you want to get across. I ask for hearts and minds of wisdom for those who will read this. Father we thank you that the prophesy was fulfilled for we have the best Father, you have given us so much and have blessed us beyond anything we are worthy are. Thank you this day for the healing touch on my sister’s life, and the many more healings to come. In Jesus Holy Name I pray, Amen!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Brenda. I thank thee Lord Jesus for the pray I had done for healing your sister I hope she does get and recovers fast.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete