Monday, July 19, 2010

Adam and Eve the First Sinners




Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.


And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Adam and Eve knew that they were naked. A change in their thinking—in their perspective, in the way they looked at things, this made them aware. Do you see what they did here; they hid themselves from God, ashamed of the fact that they were naked. When just minutes earlier they saw nothing wrong with the same nakedness, for see there was nothing wrong with it.

Suddenly, however, they felt guilt and fear, and it seemed as if every creature in the Garden had witnessed their act and condemned them.

Nothing is the same for anyone of us once we have sinned.

Sin creates a feeling of abandonment from God, on our parts leaving our minds confused, sometimes to the point it makes us create even bigger sins. We have to get in align with God immediately, and get His forgiveness. David expresses how this tarnish affected him in Psalm 40:12, "My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up." Paul later explains, "To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscious are defiled" (Titus1:15)

Do you want to be devoured with Satan in sin? If you continue on a path of disruption and anger and sin, you will. The one thing we can learn from Adam and Eve is that sin is not of God, but we are blessed that He allows us to realize we have sinned, giving us the opportunity to make it right.

Admit your sin to God.
Trust Jesus Christ to forgive your sins -to make you right with God and restore true joy. Call upon the Lord with thanksgiving for all that He is for you in Jesus Christ.  Turn from sin’s deceitful and empty promises to faith in God’s promises.

God wants us to be free to live in the Garden of Eden as He wanted Adam and Eve in the beginning, where He gave them claim over all animals.

Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”


1 comment:

  1. Nice blog Brenda.Yes God has seen most everyone sin and lets us ask for forgiveness latter to make it all right.For God is very awesmome and loves everyone.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete