Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Seeking God"

Deuteronomy 4:29 But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.



For the past seven months, I have been seeking God, searching for answers within my spirit. I have seen much change in myself. I do not let things get to me as fast as I used to. I try to think things through now and put myself in others life before I speak. I am on my way, it’s a long journey and I know I won’t ever have all the answers, however the word tells me if I seek with all my heart and soul I will find Him. I hope you will continue to follow me on this journey.

I have found that nothing in life is worth having unless you are willing to work for it. The best things in life are the most difficult to attain. If it was easy, it would be cheap; if anybody can have it, then it really is without substance or value. A great relationship does not come without effort. You must make the effort to talk, to listen, to ask, to inquire, to care, to help, to share, to encourage. This is all part of seeking God. Aren’t you glad that He cares enough about you to watch over you every day. We please God when we seek Him and ask for His guidance and wisdom. When we seek God, it takes effort and lots of patience, because we have the devil on our skirt/pant tails pulling us down.


When you are seeking God, He needs you to use your whole heart and soul. When you are going through difficult times and you feel like where is God, take a second and think about how you are seeking him, is it just for the time because u need something or have you continuously sought after Him with your all? If you are seeking God for the wrong reasons, do not waste your time, God is not ignorant, and He doesn’t think as we do. Be open and ready to receive what you ask for if you truly are seeking Him for all the right reasons. God is looking for that ongoing relationship. When he sees your open heart and your desire to get to know him for whom he is, his heart opens to hear all you have to say. God's only desire is to be part of your life and mine. His desire is to have a living and loving relationship with His people.


Father, teach me to seek you, to find wisdom, please reveal yourself to me Father so that I may learn the ways of life that you have planned for me. I love you Father in the Precious name of Jesus. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. BRENDA WE WROTE BLOG YOU ARE VERY RIGHT IF YOU WANT SOMETHING IN LIFE YOU MUST WORK FOR IT THAN IT IS WORTH MORE THAN IT JUST BEING GIVEN TO YOU.I MUST SAY I HAVE HAD TO WORK HARD TO GET WHAT I HAVE AND STILL AM WORKING FOR SOMETHINGS BUT DIFFERENT PARTS OF MY LIKE HAS MADE IT EVEN HARDER BUT I KEEP TRYING TO DEAL WITH IT ALL.KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BRENDA

    ReplyDelete