Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mountain Climbing

Mountain climbing is extremely dangerous. If you are going to climb a mountain, you have to know in your heart of hearts that this is really worth dying for. One slip and you could be gone. One little misstep will send you right down to the bottom again. It is a strange thing about mountain climbing: It is often much easier to climb up than back down. Once you are up, you may never get back. Most mountain climbers who die are lost in the descent, because when they are climbing up they can see where they are going, but when descending they often cannot see ahead.



In the Scriptures, mountains, not valleys, symbolize power and greatness. The Lord speaks of the Kingdom of God as a mountain that becomes so great it fills the whole earth! (Daniel 2:35,44) 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. It speaks of the Lord's house as a mountain, where the whole earth shall come and worship and from where the Word of the Lord shall go forth. (Isaiah 2:2) And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.


Jesus carried His cross up the mountain to give His life. He rose to the Highest of mountains after three days. The Mountain called Heaven.


Each of us climb mountains daily in our lives, we face many stones, and some boulders on the way up. How we handle the things below in the valley are going to be the things that matter. The Lord never told us it would be easy. It sure was not for Him. There is death in the valley! Life is on the mountain! Get out of the valley! "Flee as a bird to your mountain." (Psalm 11:1) [[To the chief Musician, [A Psalm] of David.]] In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee [as] a bird to your mountain? When you feel as you cannot take another step to reaching the top, it is time to reach your arms out and ask Jesus to take hold of you, to help you with your climb, ask for His divine forgiveness. Jesus loves you and me; He will always lift us up when we fall, no matter how hard or far.


Psalms 23 The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul:he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.



With God all mountains are climbable……..

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Brenda. No mater what u climb there is alway down falls to everything but God will help us climb and be there for us if we slip.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete