Monday, August 23, 2010

“Consequences of Sin”

If we stray from the truth of God's Word, there are always consequences. Take a few minutes to see if you can think of some of the consequences of sin that you have seen either in your life or in the lives of those, you know.



1. Depression
2. No love for Jesus
3. Sickness
4. Anguish, stress, nervousness
5. Divorce, broken relationships


These are but a few of the things I have seen in my lifetime. I too am a sinner. I have had a feeling of emptiness and loneliness, Feeling left out without God is not a good feeling, it leaves you feeling lost and empty inside. "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28)


We usually sin because we think we will get some pleasure or benefit from it. Sins have consequences and the Lord sees all.

Sin brings guilt


“For I know my transgressions and my sin is always before me” Psalm 51:3.

Sin breaks God’s heart


“And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption” Ephesians 4:30.

Sin desires to control my life


“Jesus replied, ‘I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin’” John 8:34.

It is often difficult to admit sin: thinking about how it may hurt God/others may make you feel ashamed and you hide it even more, but the truth is that He knows. You are only hurting yourself, after all isn’t it you that has to stand before God in the end. The next time you want to sin, stop in your tracks and think about what you are doing and who you are actually hurting.


Father, I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, and was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me honor You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

2 comments:

  1. Brenda this is awesome and God know you doing a awesome job too keep this great work up HBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda I to have sinned and I hope not to shame others.Am I sorry for sinning some times yes sometimes no as I ask God for forgiveness.Sometimes we just do not think before acting.God forgive me.Keep up the awesome work Brenda you do a awesome job for God.

    ReplyDelete