Monday, October 18, 2010

“God Whispers”

On a trip to Mt. Charleston in Nevada, I felt I was close to Heaven. As the wind moved throughout the pine trees, I felt a brisk breeze on the back of my neck. God whispered this is only a taste of my beauty, climb higher my daughter. As I journeyed close to the top, there it was the most beautiful golden field full of desert flowers, only to be seen certain times of the year. How blessed I felt. As I captured pictures of Gods ray of light, I could only imagine what I would see ahead as I continued the climb to the highest peak. A detour to the Spring Hill ski slope would bring even more beauty.

A family of deer was roaming on the right slope, as I zoomed in to capture their picture I saw the beautiful color of the trees in the near distance.
 The temperature is now 54 degrees, where is back in Vegas it is 91, As the temperature drops the beauty appears, rain drops from Heaven, could it be, here today in the desert? Yes, so much to absorb in one day.

The clouds were beautiful, the sun peeking through. I closed my eyes and whispered to God, thank you for allowing this all to happen for me today. The wind blew briskly past me as the sun started coming back out, as dark was approaching. Cool Mountain breezes, fresh air and all-around scenic beauty that is exactly what I found on Mount Charleston.

From Moses to Ezekiel and Joshua to Jesus, mountains play an important part in prayer and worship. A peaceful place to seek Jesus, where so many before us have.


Our Precious Heavenly Father I come to you today, giving thanks for all that you have put here for me to see and to enjoy. Let us use the things in nature, water, trees, mountains, and the starry sky, as a reminder of your promise of life everlasting, until the day when we may return to you through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. wow this is so good brenda and the pictures are awesomeeeee keep up the good work HBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Brenda nature was built by God and we all get to see it and use it each day but we also just take it for granted sometimes and should see it the way you do more.Great pictures keep up the great work you are doing Brenda.

    ReplyDelete