Monday, February 1, 2010

Backslidden

“Backslider”
Do you ever feel like you have backslidden from your own beliefs?
There are days when I am not sure which way to turn, if I go left that will be wrong, if I go right, what’s left. Gets so confusing that sometimes it’s easier just to live and not worry about rules. Do you ever have these days? I know I don’t want to do wrong, but I let myself anyway, God I need your direction, what went wrong?
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lamp stand from its place" (Revelation 2:4,5).
Guess I know what God feels, it says it all in the above scripture. How do I get past it now?
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:9).
I’m not sure I want to give up what I feel is wrong right now? Ever feel that way yourself?
Grow in Jesus and the way of the Lord. The Holy Spirit gives a Christian the ability to overcome sin. He gives power to be a Christ-like person. He guides, comforts, teaches spiritual truth, and equips with the gifts and qualities of God (Acts 1:8; John 14:16; I Corinthians 12; Galatians 5:22,23)
Ok, I understand that I need to find my way back; will God forgive me, no matter what? What happened and how do I get back what I had?
Disobeying God results in being separated from Him!.
Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die (Romans 5:12).
There is only one way to reach God. He is the only One who can bring us back to God. He died on the Cross and rose from the grave, paying the penalty for our sin and bridging the gap between God and people.
So you will be saved, if you honestly say, Jesus is Lord, and if you believe with all your heart that God raised Him from death. God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this (Romans 10:9-10).
If you feel you have backslidden from God and what He stands for I ask God to help you find your way back. To open your eyes and your heart and give you the desire to want to follow Him, and I also ask that He gives you understanding and even self worth so that you will want to live a life here that represents what a precious Father you have, and I thank Him for all of this in Jesus name. Amen!

3 comments:

  1. We all everyday have something in our lives, that we tend to forget, we are not alone, God is always there for us. We are all just human, we have problems, hormores, or whatever this live brings us. Awful things come to our mines, but we just have to know we can ask God for forgiveness, and all is forgiven..This is such a comfort in a christians live, if you backslide, you can come forward immediately, just ask for God's forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda I know for sure that i have sinned in my life and yes I have asked God for forgiveness and was granted it.If it was not for God and his willingness to gorgive this world would have alot of dead people in it as everyone seems to sin somewhere in life so God grants forgiveness so the we can carry on if like.Thank you God.Keep up the great work Breanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very true we all do sin (daily) unfortunately. I will always trust in the lord, good times & bad. He will always see you through. I guess sometimes we just don't have enough faith.

    ReplyDelete