Monday, February 15, 2010

"Joy"

Joy

Who is He that tries to steal an ounce of your joy, your happiness? Do you have those surrounding you that can’t be happy no matter how beautiful things are, no matter where they may be in their lives? You know that person who can’t stand for you to have any joy or fun? The bible tells us that no one can steal your joy, sure they can take away your happiness, but the joy, Jesus put there to be eternal.

Sometimes life gets a little rough, and we all need a bit of joy in our lives. We often talk about warnings that come from the Bible, how to live or not live our lives. However, sometimes we forget that the Bible tells us to enjoy life a little bit. God did not mean for us to be sad or serious all the time. He tells us to get out and have a little fun

Psalm 27:6 - "Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD." (NIV)

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (NIV)

Proverbs 15:13 - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." (NIV)

Isaiah 35:10 - "And the ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." (NIV)

Proverbs 17:22 - "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (NIV)

God meant for believers to have fun and celebrate. There are a number of examples throughout the Bible of great celebrations. David danced. The Jews celebrated upon their exodus from Egypt. Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding celebration. God meant for believers to celebrate and have fun because celebrations lift the spirit. He wants Christians to have fun so they can see the beauty and meaning in the life He gave to us.

Matthew 25: 21 - "The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!" (NLT)

Remember that while having fun, it has to be for God; don’t let sin creep into it. Even us Christians slip and let the fun overtake us, please remember to give all things to God, let Him lead and direct you. If you are reading this and realize you have stolen someone’s happiness and joy, please give that to Jesus and ask for His divine help, for your hurt and pain are important to Him, He will give you the answers needed to help you regain your own joy and peace, so that you can give to others.

Father, I come before you today asking for your forgiveness of how heavy my heart has been and how crippled I have let it make me inside, I feel so heavy burdened and saddened today Lord and I cant carry that, so I ask that you help me today precious Father. I so want to make others happy, but I seem to weigh them down more than I make them smile, I give this to you today father and ask for cleansing for my joy that is within to shine once again, so that I too can make others happy. Father, I am ashamed of how I feel inside, rather I have shown it to anyone on the surface or not, you have seen and I ask for forgiveness. Give me this day to shine inside and out and reflect on what is really taking away the happiness within, I thank you for that today Father. Give my friends a release today, let them feel you joy within themselves that they too will want all that you have to offer. I thank you Father for this blessing in Jesus name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Brenda.I myself must as for forgiveness as I have taken joy from some one that is close to me. I have always told people never give up your happiness or joy for anyone as that is what keeps people going in life.Every one needs it.That person will never really know just how much I do love them and i took her joy away so sorry.Please keep up the great work Brenda you have help me alot more than even you will know when I read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete