Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"My Personal Journey"

Each day I have been struggling between my beliefs and just living for the moment. Unfortunately I have let the moments win. I want to find from within why I seem to think I am not good enough to be loved the way I think I deserve. I want to focus more on loving God and possibly finding my family again. I seem to have lost focus as I know many do, I am not sure I even know how to reach out for Gods help, but I am going to try by getting into How word and hope my heart opens up to get into prayer with Him. I hope if you are feeling alone and empty inside and unloved that you too will follow me on this journey of finding ourselves again.

Jesus said, “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?” (John 5:44)

You can’t. You can’t believe in the crucified Messiah as your supreme treasure and hero, and then love the exact opposite of what took him to the cross. This is so true, I have lost touch with the most supreme at the level He deserves, I have chosen pain and suffering over Him and let Him be behind me instead of beside me. Friends I need your help with this new start, I need all that I have had to give to each of you in my daily blogs, as I poured my heart out to you all, and now I am asking you for the same.

Paul had this to say when he talked to the Ephesians. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen (Ephesians 3:16-21).

What a mighty scripture, I had to read it three times just to realize how much the most powerful God loves me. Accept God's love for us and the new life Jesus offers. Simple as that, that’s what my heart tells me, just accept it, quit walking backwards and accept. Is it this simple, from my past I know it is, just how do I do it?

Jesus offers each of us a walk with God and a fullness of life that is not possible without him. As he said, "I am the bread of life" (John 6:35), and "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). He also said, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" (John 3:3). Jesus' death, resurrection, and offer of eternal life is the greatest manifestation of God's love for you.

I am hungry, very hungry for this kind of love, a love that grows each day, a love that shows and brings me back to the truth. A love that doesn’t have to be questioned; one who loves me more than I am capable of. This my Heavenly Father can offer to me. Now to get there.
Dear Lord, I confess that I am a sinner. Please forgive my sins and accept me as your child. I invite you to be my Savior and the Lord of my life. I surrender myself to you in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord.

I want and need to go back to basics as simple as writing down scriptures and trying to memorize them, take them in and know they are real, God is real.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35-39).

Only satan himself can separate us, now the reality hits…Satan get beneath me, I love Jesus, His Heavenly Father, you have no control over me anymore, for life I shall live in Jesus name.

Friends, I hope you find this love and work on it daily as I will. I am human and I am a sinner, but I will keep Jesus beside me from this moment on. I love all of you in Jesus Name.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put Brenda and wrote as I to understand a person does need to be loved the way they love people and the Lord.Every one needs to be loved by there familys and I do hope yours open up again and begin to love you again like they should and the way you need to be loved.Please just keep up giving to us what the Lord has asked to to help with.

    ReplyDelete