Friday, February 19, 2010

"God's Watchful Eyes"

Today I write about how the eyes of the Lord are continuously upon us. There are many scriptures that will show you just how much the Lord loves and watches over you. I dedicate today’s blog to a dear friend, who each day his life is in harm’s way and those that work with him. Safety sometimes comes at the watch of others, in hopes they don’t mess up, for one mistake could take out many, isn’t that how we think, never once thinking that if we would take time to pray and ask God for his watchful eye for the day, that we would be safer. I was taught to believe that safety comes in numbers, never go out alone, wait on others to walk to your car, so why not start the day with God watching over and walking with you, that way you are never alone.
What do you say to yourself when you are pressed in on every side by dangerous situations? What do you do when you face troubles?
_______________________________________
Psalm 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
________________________________________
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.
________________________________________
Psalm 32:10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked, But he who trusts in the LORD, loving-kindness shall surround him.
________________________________________
Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry.

The Psalmist explores practical applications as to how the LORD helps His faithful followers. He is our divine protector who is always alert to dangers we face in the day or night. Our God never sleeps or slumbers. “He will not allow your foot to slip” Can we not but sleep soundly when God is guarding us on our journey?
Who is your “keeper”? Who exercises great care over you? Who takes care of you in your most difficult crisis? Who guards with His love and protection? “The LORD is your keeper” The LORD watches over me.

God’s word is sufficient, efficient and worthy of our time. No home is safe without His watchful eye. I am here to tell you that you need to start each day with prayer time, time to thank Him for the day that has now been put to rest, the blessing of having life this morning and the fulfillment of knowing that He will be with you as you go through your day. God’s love and watchful eye is what will get you from point A to point B. Where is it you are trying to get to? For me, I am trying to get to the highest point there is, Heaven…

Elijah is a great place to start if you need to see just how watchful our Mighty Father is, I will take up study with him in another blog. If you find time, go to the Book of kings and read about how his journey on earth took place under our Fathers watchful eye. I kings 17 is a good verse 1 Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As certainly as the Lord God of Israel lives (whom I serve), there will be no dew or rain in the years ahead unless I give the command.” ________________________________________
Take this lead found in Kings and let God give the commands, for He won’t lead you astray and He will watch over you.

My prayer for you today is this simple: 2 Chronicles 7:14-15
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

Father, I ask for your watchful eyes to watch over me and my friends and family today as we each start our day, we ask you to walk with us today and let us follow your lead, for this day is yours in Jesus name. I love you Father and thank you for the night that you got me through and the love you have for me as I start today…Thank you father for your love, In Jesus name, Amen!

2 comments:

  1. I will say for all thank you for awesome blog.In life saftey shall and must be on everyones mind but we over look it sometimes to help otheres out of danger way but God is with each and everyone that does believe. Keep up the great work. Many of us thank you for your prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very inspirational to read your blog. I am so blessed to have a wonderful God that watches over me.

    GOD IS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete