Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Gods Calling"

“God’s calling”
As I sit here I meander what my calling in life is, am I enjoying life or just existing day to day? I have wasted so much time, just being lost and not fulfilling any of my dreams or anything I feel I have been called to do. You ask how do I know when it’s God calling?

It's an amazing and fulfilling thing to live life in line with God's design and calling on your life. But it can seem difficult and overwhelming to discover it. What gives you life? What are you good at? What do you love to do? What consistent patterns are noticeable in you that may be clues to your design and calling?

Remember that God's calling for your life goes way beyond what you do. It's who you are, where you belong, who and how you love. Our calling can be profoundly and durably sure in our own heart. It is the work of God to bring our heart to a point of conviction that, all things considered—including Scripture—this path is the path of obedience. The conviction is not infallible. But when it is of God, it brings peace.

God will give us fuel, a map, and the location that we are to find, He will give us the inner tools necessary to follow Him. I have felt a calling on my life for some time, and just never knew really where to begin. When I didn’t find it in the church I had to go seeking on my own. Today my sister reminded me of something so important…God is the church, we are his disciples. It’s not about a building and people. The computer has given me a vice (tool) to help me start working for Him, so now I seek Him for further direction.

1. Above all, know your Bible and saturate your mind with it. The Bible shapes our minds for mission durability (Psalm 1:1-3), and makes us burn for Christ (Luke 24:32).
2. Know your gifts and know yourself.
Every Christian has gifts (1 Peter 4:10-11). Knowing them shapes your convictions about your calling. And knowing yourself (as Paul exemplifies in Romans 7:15-24) deepens your sense of fitness for various ministries. (Keep in mind that this can be overridden by other facts!)
3. Ponder the need of the world.
The Christian heart of love is drawn by perceived needs, whether near or far. Therefore God uses what we know to awaken the measure of our desire that pushes us over the edge of commitment (Matthew 9:36-38).
4. Inquire of your soul, “Where are you burdened for others?”
God sends and seeks the burden for lost people. Jesus carried such a burden: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem! . . . How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings” (Luke 13:33-34). This burden was essential to his calling. What is your burden?
5. “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life” (Mark 10:29-30)..
6. Pray! Ask God to use you to the fullest for his glory. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him” (James 1:5).
7. Always be passionate about what you do.
8. Listen carefully and cautiously at what you are being told.
9. Be willing to give up everything to follow God


God knows where you are and loves you in the most positive ways imaginable... He is awaiting your response.

Father, I ask for this direction, I ask for the tools necessary to do your work. Father please use me to do your work, to get the word out there. Father guide me to find what it is that you are calling me to do. I love you and I ask blessings on my family, friends and the lost souls in Jesus Holy name. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brenda as now I know I am not the only one that seems lost I am getting away for a few days and really am going to see my life and hope that God will give me a hand to do the right thing.Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete