Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Worshipping our Father"

Worshipping God "in spirit" means with reverence, attentiveness, and having the right purpose of honoring God, while understanding what we are doing. In order to worship God in the right spirit, we must take time before worship to make ready our hearts and emotions so we will be in the proper frame of mind. He is our creator and He holds our eternal destiny in His hands. We must strive to please Him. We should not have to rush or hurry to worship, take time enough to get prepared so that you have a worship attitude and spirit. Our mind must be ready, attentive, and alert. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body." We must control our thoughts during periods of worship and not let them wander to other things.

Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His footstool; Holy is He. Psalm 99:5.
COME, LET US WORSHIP & BOW DOWN Come, let us worship & bow down, Let us kneel before the Lord our God, our maker. For He is our God; and we are the People of His pasture, And the sheep Of His hand, just the sheep of His hand.

.. I am the good Shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep. (See Isaiah 53:1-6 and beyond) I know my own sheep and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. I have other sheep too who are not of this [Hebrew] sheepfold. I must bringthem also. They will listen to my voice and there will be one flock with one Shepherd.

Today I couldn’t find the right spirit to write in; I just couldn’t seem to get alone within myself to cleanse my spirit. I have been going through some mental battles while recouping from surgery and the thoughts have not always been good. As I was talking to a friend this evening I realized that maybe we all could use time to get reacquainted with our Father, open our souls up and let our spirits talk to God, cleanse our souls and see the wrong doings that each of us do daily. I know I have a lot of things to work through and make sure all things I do are out of love for my fellow man and for my Heavenly Father.

I have so much bent up anger inside concerning my family, I seem to let it control who I have become and let it affect my relationship with Christ. I need Gods advice on how and where to start with dealing with all in my heart right now. Please remember to bow down before your Heavenly Father and exalt Him, for He is the one who watches over us, His lost sheep. Father, please lead me back to the right pasture. I love you and I do want to get back in that loving place with you that I used to be in. Thank you for today and for all those that will read this message today. In Jesus Name, Amen!
.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brenda a very well wrote blog today as i sit and read it I do rush into Worship and many other things before really knowning what to say and what to expect of the out come.I now will take time sit back and look things over in my life so I myself with Gods help will control my life.Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete