Monday, May 3, 2010

Weather

I woke up today feeling under the weather, you know when all your teeth hurt and you cannot breathe. Yeah that is I today. I was very stuffy and nauseous; however, I had to work, of course I did not feel like it, it was pouring down the rain, dark, just very dreary. My mind went crazy, thinking about the weather and what the Lord says about it. As I got home from work, I went to His word and started researching scriptures concerning weather. There are many so I will just give you a few. Is there a reason behind all the storms and earthquakes and disasters? From what I found, there is.



Psalm 78:47" He destroyed ...their sycamore trees with frost..."
Job 37:6 "For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth..."
Job 37:3 "He directed ... his lightning unto the ends of the earth."
Psalm 18:12-14 "... he shot out lightning’s, and discomfited them."
Psalm 78:47-48 " He destroyed their ...flocks to hot thunderbolts."
Psalm 97:4 "His lightning’s enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled."
Jeremiah 10:13 "...he causeth the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightning’s ..."
Genesis 8:1-2 "... and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged ... and the rain from heaven was restrained."
Exodus 10:12-13 "... and the Lord brought an east wind ... [and] the east wind brought the locusts."
Exodus 10:19 "And the Lord turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts..." Genesis 6:17"And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy... "
Leviticus 26:4 (cp. Deut 11:14) "Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit."
Deut. 11:17 "...the Lord's wrath be kindled against you, that there be no rain..."
Deut. 28:12 "The Lord shall ... give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand..." Psalm 105:16 "Moreover he called for a famine upon the land: he brake the whole staff of bread."
Ezekiel 5:16-17 "When I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread: So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts... and pestilence ... I the Lord have spoken it.
1 Samuel 12:17-18 "... I will call unto the Lord, and he shall send thunder and rain; that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great... So Samuel called unto the Lord; and the Lord sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared the Lord and Samuel."
Psalm 83:15 "So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm."
Jeremiah 5:24 "Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the Lord our God, that giveth rain..."
Ezekiel 12:16 "But I will leave a few ... from the famine ... that they may declare all their abominations among the heathen ...and they shall know that I am the Lord."

As I said above, there are many scriptures, I wanted you to realize that God is in control of all things, including the weather; you ask does satan have a part in this, of course he does, but He can only do what the Lord will allow. The Lord does clear evil thru storms of all kinds; also, there are some who it is just their time to rest, until the Lord returns. I hope this gives you more perspective on how and why we have the weather that we have. “God is in control” Give Him praise, for He is worthy! The storm and weather I am battling today is from my own sins, and I ask God for deliverance from these in Jesus name. God bless each of you today.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Brenda.Yes God does control everything there is something I have asked for help with and I still wait for his help I do know and believe one day he will get back to me and help me out as I lost something very dear to me and hope God works with me and take control to guide me back to it.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he can calm the hardest stoms in our life take away all our burdens that come our way if we only trust and believe in his holy word ....JR

    ReplyDelete