Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Are you imprisoned?

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Sin is as if a prison sentence handed down, when we know right from wrong and do wrong anyway we put ourselves in a place that we struggle to get out of. All of us may find ourselves "in prison." A "prison" is the circumstances that we cannot change. It may be the place we live, the job we are "stuck in," the person we married, or a hundred other things that may constitute the boundaries of our life. We often struggle to change these circumstances and are either unsuccessful, or successful. In these conditions, it is easy to blame God for our circumstances, to complain, and even to become bitter against others and against God. There seems to be no way out, even though God has forgotten us. Does this sound familiar? When does a prison cease to be a prison? Isn't it when we stop trying to get out? When we stop shaking the bars or looking for a hole in the wall, we become free to look around at other things. Sometimes, we can see others that seem to be in a prison of their own and you want to help them, and do. Whom do you think benefited the most when you reach out to others? Yes, we did help others, but we are the greater winners. Why? Because a working begins to take place in our own hearts. Now instead of getting bitter, we get sweeter in Jesus each day. When we let His love control us, we find that our "prison" is no longer a prison but a great training ground for God's purposes. Psalm 34:19 9 A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;

Isaiah 30:18 18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Hebrews 10:24 24 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Don’t stay imprisoned too long for God already knows your desires and your future, Make Him happy, give that energy to someone else and ask for His purpose and will in your life to be fulfilled. The most important thing I can offer to you is to trust, trust and trust, if something does not happen immediately or at all, Remember He knows best. Do not throw away your life by putting things off today that need your attention today. God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. we are ill in prisoned if we dont believe in god or have thefaith to believe in his word that what he says is what he means right or wrong he is always right when the word is wrong whe just got to have patience and believe in his holy name that what he says will pull us thru........JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Brenda.I myself put me in prison as i do sin like so many other buy I do believe in God and trust him to help me get out.I do know I need to try harder and make things right around me and I know I can do it..Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete