Tuesday, May 25, 2010

“Is Your Tank Empty”

Do you remember the last time you were driving down the road and noticed that your gas tank was on "empty"? How did you feel? If you are like most of us, you started feeling anxious. Having plenty of fuel for your car is very similar to having reserves for yourself. When you are running on "empty" with regard to time, money, space, love, faith, satisfaction, or companionship, you will feel the same negative emotions you felt when driving with an empty gas tank. Running out of gas is not a good thing for our bodies, our lives, and us. When we go below empty, the game changes, we get lost in self-uselessness. I have allowed myself to get on empty recently, feeling like I just cannot feel full no matter what I do. Sure I eat too much, thinking this will make me feel better, but actually only adding to the issue at hand. I have been stuck in a rut for awhile now, just working on my book and trying to please others, only finding myself drained, mentally exhausted, just want to come home each day and go to sleep. Some call this depression, and at this point I probably would agree. It seems the more I try to do, the further in the hole I seem to get, so on this day that I write this… my tank is empty. Where do I go now?

“Hear my cry, O Lord; attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the Earth, will I cry unto Thee, for when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For Thou has been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.” Psalms 61: 1-3

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.Psalm 18:16

I love reading the Psalms at any time, but especially when I am stressed, hurting, or in need of prayer and God's peace.  I don't know why but "Be still and know that I am God" is very special to me. I can almost hear God telling me those words, comforting me, stilling me.

Father I come unto you in prayer now: I know that when I cannot pray, you listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak... Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and cannot find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who do not know you intimately. I pray for those that do not believe. I thank you that I believe. I believe that you do change people and things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs be met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than You Father that every battle is in your hands for you to fight. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees it. Father I have a special friend who needs to feel forgiven so that he too can receive all that you have for him, I ask for this peace today, and a forgetful heart for him, that he can be stronger in you. Thank you Father, for this all in Jesus name, Amen!

5 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey brenda i know how you feel when gas is low i been there too but the good Lord was with you and you made it though the day as we pray and tell God how we love him and thank him for the great day hugsssssssssss brenda HBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayer and trusting God's Word is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lonely way to feel Brenda as I have been there for long time but not eating and very little sleep but I pray to God daily and hope him and I can come up with a reason for me and the help I so much need.Befor I loose someone very important to me.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i no how you feel its like lifes not woth living but we got to keep going and keep our eyes on heaven and we will be inspired to do other things in his will ........JR

    ReplyDelete