Monday, May 17, 2010

"Bored"

Today has just been a ho hum day, just plain old boring. I had so much on my mind today, emptiness, loneliness. There is just so much going on around me, and not a thing I can do, but sit and watch it. I feel helpless. This is the first day that it has been so hard to write, since I first started in January, but I know in all of this there is a message. John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they, which testify of me.

Philippians 2:14-16 (King James Version) 14Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Live day-to-day bored, without a sense of purpose. Haveing trouble identifying your purpose. Ignore God's purpose for your life. You are consumed by your difficulties and troubles. Does this sound familiar in your life as well. No where to turn, upset, heartbreak one after another. Well this message hit me like a ton of bricks.

You have a choice about your attitude, about how you approach life, about turning to God for "boredom cure." Life does not need to be boring or meaningless for Christians. You can choose to approach every day and every activity with a spirit of adventure, regardless of your situation.

You have a purpose and are called to a great journey—to touch people's lives for God.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10).

In Samuel 14:1-15, we read about Jonathan, a man who succeeded against impossible odds because he battled in the power of God.

Give your troubles and your life in prayer. Stay close to the Lord. Remember that you are a soldier in Jesus' army, not the general of your own army. When you walk in God's strength, you will not be bored!

Well I searched the scripture and I am glad I did, for Jesus did have the message. God bless each of you today! I will work on turning hurt and boredom into working more for my Saviour. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

• Resist the devil (James 4:7).

2 comments:

  1. you should never be bored when it come to the work of the lord look what he is giving us in the everything and more and eternal life what more could we ask for him hit should always be a pleasure to serve him........JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boredom comes boredom goes but when I think or read of God it does brighten up my days.Plus he also brings me happiness when I think of him as he has given us so much in life to live for.Reading your blogs have always brought more happiness and a better out look in life keep it up please Brenda.

    ReplyDelete