Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Comfort"

Sometimes all we need is a little comfort from a family member or even a friend.  I find I have fair-weather friends.  You know those that come around when they are down, or they are in need themselves.  As a christian we are suppose to be there for them.  In the book of Job, Chapter 12 vs 11 you will find where we are told this:  Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was to come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Elipaz the Termanite, and Bildad, the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamahite; for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him. 
You will see in vs 12, they even wept when they saw him far off.  In vs 13 they sat with him for seven days and seven nights; for they could tell he was in great pain from grief.

How many of you would give up your time for a friend?  Even a day.  Seems these days we all say love you and tell each other you are my friend. however when it comes a time that we or they are needed, no where to be found is where we all are.  Where was you the last time a friend reached out to you?  Take time and think aobut this then give it to God and ask how you too can come to change and be a better friend and christian.  I know I now will give all my friendships to God and not take them for granite anymore. I found through writing this that God's Holy Spirit is my comforter.  In John 14:16 it reads:  And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another comforter that He may abide with you forever. 

Take time today and thank God for all your friends.  God bless you today my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment