Wednesday, June 23, 2010

“Walking by Faith”

I started my first day of pool therapy today for my knees, and I took a big walk of faith as I entered the water. The water was warm, the view out the window was beautiful, the sun putting beams of color over the water thru the glass window, all seemed well, when a woman approached me and started conversing. This woman was experiencing severe pain as she was also there for therapy. She was so down and out; she had fallen the day before in the changing room at the pool. I looked at her and asked do you know God; her answer was I sure do. This gave me the perfect opportunity to say I find that sometimes we have to walk by faith and trust God for our healing. I am excited to be here today, even if I do have to incur pain, she asked you are in pain too. I said yeah I am, but you know Jesus holds His promise to us, that He will not let us suffer anymore than we can handle. By the time this woman was thru with her therapy she was smiling and thanked me for reminding her that walking by faith makes Jesus happy. I felt so full of love, that I was able to get thru my own therapy with ease.


Romans 10:17 17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


To walk by faith is to walk according to the word of God. One who walks according to the word of God has faith in God and one who does not walk according to the word of God does not have faith in God. The faith of Abraham is accounted for righteousness hears the word of God and obeys. Abraham's faith is exemplified in offering his son. Paul says: "By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac (his son), and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, of whom it was said, 'In Isaac your seed shall be called,' accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead . . . " (Heb. 11:17-19 KJV). 17By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: 9Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure. Abraham did not understand how God could keep his promise if he were to kill his son, but He believed God was able to do whatever He said - even if it meant that God had to raise Isaac from the dead. Therefore, Abraham obeyed God and offered his son. Walking by faith is believing that God is able to do whatever He promises - not wavering at the promises of God (Rom. 4:20-21) 20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. Therefore, those walking by faith obey God.


Where is your faith today? Are you obeying God? Take a walk in faith and Trust God to get you through your day, no matter what you may be going through, He promises to be there with you. God bless you this day!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Blog Brenda.First you are a great person the way you helped her in at the pool she is so blessed that you happen to be there.I walk daily with with God with me as he is the one that helps me through most day with out pain and gets me to keep on moving forward. Love you God. keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete