Saturday, June 19, 2010

"Failure"


The Bible says in 2 Peter 1:3 that as we grow in our knowledge of God, through his divine power he gives us everything we need for life and godliness. Jesus relied on the Word of God alone to overcome obstacles, including the devil. God's Word is alive and powerful (Hebrews 4:12), useful for correcting us when we are wrong and teaching us what is right (2 Timothy 3:16). I try so hard to rely on God for all my needs, to help me get through each day with all the trials and tribulations that are set before me. It surely feels like of late the more I try to do God’s will, the more things continue to fall apart. I made my mind up however that no one and nothing is going to get in my way as I take this walk with Jesus. Sure, I am a failure, for in many things I mess up and fall short.



I feel so blessed that God loves me this much and that I have his understanding for all the times that I fell to do as He wishes. We cannot do it on our own. The strength comes through Jesus that allows us to master the difficult situations of life and to succeed where all human wisdom sees only failure. Don’t rely just on what you feel or believe, Trust the wisdom of Jesus, for He walked these roads of earth, He felt the pain, He suffered at our own hands, yet time ant time He has forgiven us, even though we are just failures.


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV) Prayer is probably the most ignored secret weapon in the world! Nevertheless, you have to be "righteous" first for God to hear your prayers. Now that is a good trick, isn't it? However, God does not mean that you must be perfect. Oh, no! You must have faith and trust God, just as Abraham did and was called righteous and God's friend! I too want to be Jesus’ friend. James 2:23 (King James Version) 23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Do not be failures, Trust in God to help you through each day, you are His child, and He loves you. God bless each of you.

1 comment:

  1. westman53@yahoo.comJune 20, 2010 at 3:55 AM

    Awesome blog Brenda as we all go through life along the way we are failures some ask for Gods help some don't and I am one of them that does sometimes and sometimes I don't.I do have total trust in God.I pray that each day gets better for you in your walk with Jesus.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete