Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Heaven's Rainbow

Father, we are grateful to Thee that we can say, "Father," knowing that that means that we are sons and daughters.


Genesis 9:12 And God said, This [is] the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that [is] with you, for perpetual generations: 9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 9:14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:9:15 And I will remember my covenant, which [is] between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

Ever sit and just listen as it rains? You will find that there are many emotions that come with rain. There is a sense of peace, comfort, sleep, or maybe you feel fear, danger, and warning. Whatever you may feel, there is a covenant with our Heavenly Father that you should always feel joy from. He gives us that beautiful rainbow as his covenant to us that this too shall pass. As I drove home from work today, it was sprinkling; you know the annoying drops that your windshield wipers hate. The sky ahead in the west was so dark and gloomy, and as I drove closer to that darkness, I felt myself getting depressed when out of the heavens appeared a beautiful rainbow. In the rearview mirror, I could see the sky clearing. On my mind all I could think about was how beautiful that rainbow is, and how Noah must have felt when God told him about His covenant. The next time you see a rainbow; think about how much God loves you, so much that all these years later He is still upholding his word with His covenant, the rainbow.

Ezekiel 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

IF YOU WANT THE RAINBOW...YOU HAVE GOTTA PUT UP WITH THE RAIN! No, not all rain is pleasant; some causes much devastation in our lives; however, God assures us that not all will die at the hands of a great flood ever again. The rainbow has been defined as the arch of brilliant colors that appears in the sky when the sun shines after a shower of rain. It forms in that part of the sky opposite the sun. If the rain has been heavy, the bow may spread all the way across the sky, and its two ends seem to rest on the earth. There are seven colors of the rainbow: violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. These blend into each other so much that most observers only see four or five colors. Have you ever just wondered how amazing that color can just be there after a storm? Remind yourself The rainbow is a sign of God's promise that He is always available to guide us through any storm and any war that we may battle. When you feel you can’t take anymore and your heart is full of dismay, just remember that God’s rainbow is coming. You have His assurance of that, give it to Him in Prayer.

Father, we thank you for all your diverse colors in the rainbow and all the wondrous diversity in your creation. Thank you for loving us and giving us this beautiful covenant of the rainbow. I love you Father in Jesus Holy Name. Amen!







2 comments:

  1. Awesome Brenda as I have never looked at the rain bow like that but yes God has awesome ways with different things that does effect us in life so why not the rain also God does help us along the way and has promised to bring raimbows and has kept his word.Thank you God.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i go thru alot of stormy trials down here but in the long run ill see the streets of gold walls of jasper and forever be with him it will be worth it after all........JR

    ReplyDelete