Saturday, June 26, 2010

Enjoying life

I am sitting outside under the gazebo enjoying the surrounding beauty and my dogs, one playing in her kiddies’ pool and the other one chewing on his fresh new bone. Just wondering what Jesus is doing today. When I think of "Heaven”, many wonderful images come to mind. Streets of gold, imposing walls, glorious homes for each of God's people, all in a city of fantastic light. Where there will be no more tears, pain, sorrow or death.



However, we know that heaven is much more than a place to spend eternity. It is also the place where God and Jesus Christ live. Where we do not have to see darkly as through a smoked glass, but where we can see our Lord and Redeemer face to face. He promises that forever. Revelation 21:3 (KJV) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.


Psalm 50:1-6 The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken , and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof. 2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined . 3 Our God shall come , and shall not keep silence : a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. 4 He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people. 5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. 6 And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.


When I think of the wonderful land and the abundant freedoms we live in, I realize that so many are unhappy, including many Christians. Do you know that God wants you to be happy, He tells us in His word. In Psalms, 40:16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. In Mathew, chapter 5 you will find where Christ tells us Blessed and Happy are the meek of Heart. Jesus tells us that our happiness is a result of having our minds filled with the right understanding of reality and our hearts set on desire for spirituality in our lives. As I write this it makes me have a better understanding of why Jesus wants me to be happy and content, for see all this shall pass, our real reward is awaiting us in Heaven. All dreams shall be fulfilled, those aches you have will disappear, the financial woes shall be no more. I wish I saw myself in Jesus eyes, for I know to Him I am beautiful inside out. I hope today that you will open your eyes and see all that the Lord has given to you and start to see things in a different light. He loves for us to laugh and smile and just to be happy. Praise Him today for loving you, I know I do. God bless and love each of you my friends.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog Brenda.Heaven is a awesome place to end up as your vision s are close to mine as I do believe it is a place to spend eternity and a place to have happiness and a place to spend time with God.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete