Tuesday, June 8, 2010

They are Muslim I am Christian.

You ask what the difference is. I am going to do my best to tell you, I feel this is an important topic. As I attempt to tell others about God I ran into someone and I ask do you know God, they responded sure I do, I am Muslim. I said I am a Christian, do you believe in the Trinity? They ask, what is the trinity?
I went on to tell them the Trinity is God, the Father, Jesus, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.


Muslims and Christians alike agree that there is one God, (Allah is the Muslim and Arabic word for God) who is the Creator of everything in the universe. Both view God as sovereign, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, holy, just, and righteous. In these ways, the Christian and Muslim views of God are the same. So you think, ok this is good to know. As a Christian I believe in the trinity, however the Muslims do not. The Bible provides the solution to sin; we believe that Christianity has the correct view of God. Becoming a human being, God’s Son died to pay for the sin of those who trust in Him. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16). So if you do not believe that, how do you know God? The Muslims are to believe the Torah and the Gospels. Knowing the Gospels are true, what do they teach about Jesus? The Gospels record that Jesus foretold His life’s work: He said He would be crucified, killed, and raised from the dead (Matthew 20:19). The Gospels record this happening exactly as Jesus predicted (Matthew 27-28; Mark 15-16; Luke 23-24; John19-21).


You ask why would Jesus allow Himself to be killed? He said Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Why would God allow His own son to be beaten and killed? John3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. He loved us enough to send Jesus to be a sacrifice for us.


Another difference between Islam and Christianity, Islam teaches that Allah judges us based on whether our good deeds outweigh our bad deeds. Even if it were possible to outweigh bad deeds with good deeds, God is so holy that He will not allow anyone into heaven who has committed even a single sin (James 2:10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all… We all belong apart from Him in hell but God knew that the only way we could be forgiven was for our sin debt to be paid by giving His son to die in our place. God sent His Son to be born and to live a life sin free, to carry our sins and burdens to the cross, to forgive us, so that we too could join Him in Heaven one day.


“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me” (John 14:6).


Do you know Jesus Christ today? If not it is very simple to ask Him into your life, say this simple prayer. “Please, God, show me the truth. Please help me to know your Father and show me how to discern and reject what is false. Lead me Father so that I too can find my salvation and walk in Heaven with you one day. Father I ask for your forgiveness of all my sins today, and refresh my spirit. I love you and I want to walk daily with you. Thank you Father for all you do in Jesus Name, Amen!

3 comments:

  1. i take pride too with God beside me and i think him .But i will ask God to help Brenda tomorrow and i pray that he will make her well my tears roll for a sweet lady and all the prayers she gave people .And now we ask all to give Brenda prayers and our Father please help and make this lady well it so sady when she spend all this time helping people and now she need help. Brenda you got my Prayer hon . Thank for all the good work. We love you and you got our heart hon

    HBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. its great to be a christain but most important is to be a saved christain ty for all you have taught me thru all this means alot to me and i no in jesus name hes gonna heal you very soon i believe in his promises to us he said ask and you shall recieve and im holding him to that cause i no he can do all things........JR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog.Brenda sence I have been doing comments and reading the blogs I have enjoyed them all you seem to pray for everyone when they are sick now it is time for all of us to ban together and pray for you.God knows your illness and he also will help out.I have you in my prays daily so you know.Keep up the awesome work please.

    ReplyDelete