Friday, June 18, 2010

Religious? Christian?

(James 1:26, 27)
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

(2 Timothy 3:5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away

Religious ~ about religion; a person can be religious; but he may not really know God; how many people do you know like this? I know I have personally met many. I know those who believe that if they go to church they will go to Heaven. The minute they leave the property, they are out drinking and partying with their friends, never once picking their bibles up again, until time to go to church the next time.

When you hear, someone say I am a Christian the first thing you think of is religion, but these two are as different as night and day. You may ask how this can be. Let me see if I can shed some light on this. Religion is God, no you would be wrong, religion is knowing about God.


We are continually reminded in the Word of God to be separate from the world in how we think, act, and speak. You will find that both Christian and religion require discipline, loyalty, dedication and desire. Christianity is the only one who lives for the love and understanding of God, for they dive into their bibles to know God. Are you ready to tell others about God, get out there to spread His news, no matter the consequences; are you a Christian or just religious?

(Hebrews 11:6) faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(James 1:27) Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.


I think it’s so important for everybody that if you claim to be a Christian that you walk as Jesus did, to actually do what He wants you to do, day after day, week after week, to quit working a schedule, and ask God, “What do I need to do to change my walk for you?”


Are you a True Christian? Do you love Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit and the teachings of the Bible? Is Jesus your Personal Lord and Savior? Do you display any of the fruits of the Spirit as described in Galatians? 5:22 ~ But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 5:23 ~ Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Or do you find that going to Church once or twice a week will get you to Heaven? I hope that you will seek your soul for the answers needed to give your heart and soul to our Heavenly Father and to get off your tush and get out there and start your daily walk with God.


I ask God to guide and lead you as you start this new journey in your life and patience and love as you find many disappointments along the way. Being a child of God isn’t easy, but how easy was it for Jesus? Think about that, when you go to crying because so many put you down, or spit on you for asking the simple question DO YOU KNOW JESUS? God bless you my sisters and brothers.

1 comment:

  1. A very true blog Brenda many do not know God but like me I pray to him all the time for the good and bad.But I will never trun my back on God.I like you have been put down and spit at but I will not stand by and Let anyone down play God or any of me friends.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete