Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Respect"

"My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons." (James 2, 1)


It is up to each of us to treat our loved ones with respect; even those that we do not care for deserve that same kind of respect, for as you see in James, we are not told to respect certain people. The Lord respects each of us the same, He loves us the same. Jesus would not walk away when something comes before Him, where would we be if he did. I am so blessed that my best friend Jesus Christ is always beside me, always respects me and will never deny his love and friendship for me. He is my Heavenly Father.


From the time I was a child my parents raised us kids to be respectful, just as it was taught in the Bible. Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. 4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. I remember going to bible school as a child and learning all the little stories on love and respect. So to this day, I respect all people, even those that hurt me I still find love, forgiveness and respect for them.

To be respected you must respect others, the sooner you learn this, the sooner your life will be good, filled with happiness and love. One of the commandments is to honor your mother and father. Is this possible without respect? If God takes respect so serious, shouldn’t we as well? Do you understand that God wants happiness for us? God wants you to be happy and He has made it possible for you to be truly happy thru Jesus Christ. All that is left to do is for you to make up your mind that you want to be happy. Turn to Jesus today and be truly happy, leave behind the disrespect and anger you have for others, lay it before Jesus this day and live anew in Christ. God bless you my friends. If I have ever shown any of you disrespect I ask for forgiveness this day. I forgive those of you who have been disrespectful to me in Jesus Holy Name. Amen!


1 comment:

  1. AWESOME BLOG.For anyone Respect has to be earned as you must respect othersif you want respect in return and it is not handed to you over night.You must earn it.If all showed and had respect for each other we would have a much happier world out there and God would be so much happier also.Keep it up Brenda.I know and see you put everything you have into the blog and I would like to thank you myself.

    ReplyDelete