Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Fathers Day"

Happy Fathers Day!




Did you get your father a tie, maybe some shoes, or some other materialistic gift today? For some of us father’s day is hard, our fathers have passed on. For me I lift my eyes towards heaven. My dad was my world, I loved him so much, and now I miss him. However, I still have my heavenly Father and I cherish Him, and I know I will see my earthly father again one day.


Deuteronomy 1:29-31 (KJV) Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them. 30The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes; 31And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.


Is your dad a man who serves God and follows Gods ways? Enlighten him today with the love of your Heavenly Father. Be the example and show the love your heavenly Father has for you and others.


HEBREWS 12:7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?


When we are patient with our children, we create a safe environment where they feel free to discover life. If we intimidate and fill them with only fear, then we shut them down. We shut down their creativity, their desire to explore and discover the desire to soar. As Fathers we must teach our children right from wrong, raise them in the love of the Lord. Being a good father means being patient, God is so patient as our Heavenly Father that he withholds his judgments and waits for us to repent. Take time and teach your children about patience and the rewards of waiting on Gods timing in their life.


I pray that you will be patient fathers, fathers who provide what your kids need in the natural and the spiritual realm, fathers who protect and correct, fathers who go the distance in love. If you do these things, you will be better fathers.


God bless you this day, and a very Happy Fathers Day! Love your dads; cherish them, for they are gone before you know it. Share the Lord with dad; inspire him this day with your Fathers love. I miss you dad, and I shall always love you.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Brenda I am so blessed I do have my father with me still unlike you I worship him each day.I am sure I will be like tou once I don't I will look towards God and pray for him to look after my father.Keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete