Wednesday, June 9, 2010

“Praise His Holy Name”

Psalm 18:3 says "I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise…"Isaiah 43:21 explains that praise is one reason we were created, "This people I have formed for myself; they shall declare my praise." Hebrews 13:15 confirms this: "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name." Psalm 34:1 instructs, "I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips."




"How do I start praising God?" If praising God is new to you, try praising God for who He is to you, personally. Proclaim that God's goodness is without measure; it is abundant and overflowing! Has God been faithful in delivering you from sickness, trouble and sorrow? Did you give Him thanks for the blessings you have received? Let us remember all of His answers to prayer and give Him praise!


When Noah climbed off the ark with his family and stepped on dry land, He knew what God had done for him. Maybe Noah was like us--while building the ark, maybe he thought about all he was doing for God. When he climbed off the ark, he knew he did nothing for God, and that God did everything for him. While he was building the ark, Noah lived among extremely wicked people. How wicked? Genesis 6:5, 6 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth and He was grieved in His heart. Those wicked people did not offer sacrifices to God; in fact, they did not waste" their time thinking about God. Do you know the first thing Noah did when he climbed off that ark on dry land? He offered a sacrifice. Genesis 8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the altar. The Lord smelled the soothing aroma; and the Lord said to Himself, "I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man's heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done. Why did Noah offer a sacrifice? Did God command? “No. Noah was grateful, and he thanked God who was worthy of all the honor and praise that he could give him. His sacrifice arose as a soothing aroma to God, an aroma that God treasured. "I guess that God likes the smell of burning meat." No. Noah was profoundly grateful to God for what God did for him. God felt touched by Noah's gratitude.


What in your life, do you have to be thankful for? When was last time you Praised God? You don’t need a reason to praise God, for He is worthy of praise all the time. God also gives us assurances of additional blessings as we praise Him. When we praise God, He honors us as His children, and provides His loving protection (2 Sam. 22:47-51) The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation…Failure to praise God, however, leaves us out of fellowship with God and out of His divine protection.


So to the question, how do I Praise God? Praise to God is expressed outwardly through our everyday actions, as well as inwardly in our thoughts. It is simple, when others look at you, do they see a reflection of God's praise? Psalm 113:3 declares, "From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised." Ephesians 1:3 says, 3Blessed be the


God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.

2 comments:

  1. i praise god daily for all the blessings he has bestowed on me lately ive really been blessed to get my family back and when the final piece of the puzzel is done and i get my other daughter back then and only then i can start living again and with gods help i no this will happen in jesus name i pray amen........JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog Brenda.I have many things in life that I am thank full for most of all I am thankful that I have God on my side and a few close friends at least one awesome one.I ask God each day to look after my friends and heal them when they are ill and I am thankful for that.Please keep up the great work you are doing for God Brenda.

    ReplyDelete