Sunday, June 6, 2010

“SLEEPLESS NIGHT”

It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. Psalms 127:2

I ask for rest this morning, its 2:23 am, as my mind Is running wild, so I ask God to give to me sleep, to give me a peace, and to all those who are having the same difficulty. In peace, I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. —Psalm 4:8

Often we let our minds over to satan and let him control how we actually feel. I do not want to worry or be stressed, so I am focusing on God. He does not want me to be awake and worried. In fact, He gives us sleep. Who can help us when the needed arises? If the Savior can help us in our greatest need, taking away our sin, can't He help and work through us in any and every situation. “Everything is possible for Him who believes,” Jesus said (Mk.9:23). “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength,” Paul cried (Phlp.4:13). When God works through us, more can be accomplished than we could ever hope or dream.

What are your fears, worries, doubts, or testings, dear friend? Our problems are nothing compared to God's ability to give answers – in abundance – for we have no needs for which He can't supply more than enough to help us. Let's get away with Jesus. In all things we need His help and He will work through us for the good of His kingdom for “if God be for us, who can be against us. Nothing is able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

God is faithful and true in everything that He says and does. So you can count on the promises of God to be absolutely trustworthy. 2 Peter 1:4 He has given us his very great and precious promise.

(John 14:26-27) "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. {27} "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ( Matthew 11:28-30)

The Lord kept His promise; I fell asleep shortly after asking for peace and rest, with His love on my heart and mind. God not only gave me answers for my concerns, but He showed me that He was in control, of even my sleep. I needed His help and He was there for me, Praise you Father. The next time you have difficulty sleeping give it to God, He is the Helper, as stated above in John 14. God bless you this day!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Brenda.I know how you must feel as I have been haveing the sleepless nights.Last night I had one but it seems like i worry myself with not only me health but also otheres health I pray to God to help out with the problems I have and others have.keep up the greatr work brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with god all things are possible he will pour out a blessing our hearts cant contain and latle he has really done that for me ill keep trying to do his will the best i no how we got a awesome god he will calm the most stormy seas and take care of our every needs he loved us he gave up his only son to die for our sins so we could have life and have it more abountly........JR

    ReplyDelete