Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Evil that takes our Soul"

Today is the day you need to stop drinking; this is the day to start your new life. Hasn’t it stolen enough from you? Are you feeling trapped? The truth about drinking is that you do not know yourself, somewhere along the way you lost you. You fell in line with what others are doing, or as I say, you fell into a trap, that you just cannot get out of. Maybe you feel a couple of drinks make you more adept to what is going on in the world, or they make you sleep your life away. The truth about alcohol is unpleasant, for far from being the bearer of good times it actually brings pain and remorse into your life. It promises that you will feel good while drinking it, yet at the same time it silently wreaks havoc on your body, your mind, your relationships and your finances. Moreover, just when you may start to realize the great damage it is doing to you, it deceives you yet again into believing that it is somehow the best escape from the problems in your life, Problems that alcohol caused in the first place. My friend it is not an escape, it is the problem, it steals from you, not only your money, but your precious time, today you have to make a decision to want life again, to live, to share, to dream. You must put Jesus back in your life today.




The Bible is very strong in its condemnation of drunkenness and its warning about the dangers of drinking. Let us look first at 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. Chapter 6:9-10 9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. Proverbs 23:29-35 who hath woe? Who hath sorrow? Who hath contentions? Who hath babbling? Who hath wounds without cause? Who hath redness of eyes? 30They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. 31Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. 32At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. 33Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. 34Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast. 35They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.


Many will run, for alcohol changes people, I know the heart that lies underneath, I pray today that you can crawl out of that black pit and reach towards the Heavens for better answers. Jesus has not left you; He is waiting for you to cry out to Him. Do not put it off my friends. You can have your sins washed away, Jesus forgives all, I ask of you today to say this prayer with me.


Our Precious Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings, you have power over life and death. You know even things that are uncertain, and our very thoughts and feelings, they are not hidden from you. Cleanse me Father from my secret faults, and I have done wrong and you have seen it. You know how weak I am, both in soul and in body. Give me strength, O Lord, in my mind and body and sustain me in my sufferings. Grant me forgiveness and peace, dear Lord, and let me always be mindful of your blessings. Let me be with you until the end. O’ Father give me guidance today, help me for I have fallen so deep, only you can pull me through and protect me today. I ask this in Jesus Holy Name, Amen!


Isaiah 43:2When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Brenda many people drink them self into troubles some drink to think it helps cure there problems some drink as it is pushed on the they are the weak ones.People that do drink to get drunk should read this blog.Keep up the great work Brenda.Drinking has broke up many wonderfull homes and have killed many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is true and i got to say i drink little but i dont over do it when my bones hurts so bad a beer or 2 does help but you are right on this Brenda and i do beleave that one day we all will not have any pain this is so awesome . Keep the good work up HBS

    ReplyDelete