Friday, June 11, 2010

“Facing your Illness”

Are you facing any kind of sickness or disease that is challenging your faith? Here are some truths that will help you when the enemy tries to play mind games in order to destroy your faith and keep you from receiving divine healing. God wants to heal you because He loves you! This is the truth you must start with because your faith works by love. Jesus came to this earth to reveal the Father, Father of unconditional love, and then Jesus “healed them all” and He will do the same for you. Get into the presence of God daily where you can rest and enter into the peace of God and the glory of God.




As I myself have been sickly of late, my first thought was why? Why is my year going this way? Is God testing me, or is the devil trying to steal all my joy? The Lord is the love of my life, He is my doctor, my best friend, let’s face it, the Lord is my all. Sure, I love others here on earth, I love and adore my mom, I have respect and love for my family and friends. There is no greater love that the love the Lord has for us.


You will run into several people in your life, including your closest family members who will convince you that you can’t be healed, even your doctors try to tell you how much time it will take for you to feel better. You have to remember that you have the Mightiest Physician already available to you that is your Heavenly Father. Of course, God uses doctors to heal us here on earth; however, He does not give them control over you. If you have a physician like this, please seek a doctor who has love for the Lord.


Why would God allow me to suffer? Maybe so that I can increase my faith in Him, increase my compassion for others, or be better able to encourage and help other hurting people (2 Corinthians 1:3-5). Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 5For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. He cares about our physical suffering, healing our soul is more urgent because it is the soul that lives forever. Our relationship with God is what determines WHERE that soul spends eternity. It is my prayer that all who suffer here on earth will seek God and TRUE healing (of the soul) that He offers, so that they can all gather in Heaven where there will be no more sickness and pain.


Romans 8:18: "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us!"


James 5:13: Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.


"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray." This is the best advice I can give to anyone. Let Go and Let God….God bless you this day!

2 comments:

  1. Another awesome blog Brenda.I to have an illness that I have handed over to God to help heal me as there is no othere way to have it healed.Only time will say if I am going to be heal or how long the Lord will leave me on the earth so I wait till my day is here, Take care and please keep up the great work Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a illness that only god can cure and he will as soon as i let go of evertyhing thats going on and seek him the way i suposed to JR

    ReplyDelete