Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Without Wisdom"

Today, I had my faith tested and I became very rebellious, lacking words or wisdom to know how to defend myself. To be honest I was not even going to do a blog. When you feel down and out, it is hard to focus on what is important. I find lately, I seem to scare people off with my whining of sorts, unpleasantness about how I am feeling. Even though I am dealing with my own illness, I want to be able to help others. I have felt very unsure of how I can do this when others see me as a downer. Therefore, as I started talking to myself, I knew God was listening. I ask Him for more wisdom. I ask for guidance, for I never want to mislead anyone where He is concerned or me for that matter. I want courage to keep things to myself and just give them to God so that when around others all they see is God in me.

This is where I start searching for His wisdom, and how do I move forward and learn from myself about how to deal with self-esteem issues mentally and physically. Wisdom from above is in direct contrast with wisdom that proceeds from an envious and self-seeking heart (James 3:14,15).

Jesus Christ is our wisdom 1 Corinthians 1:24 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:25 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 1:30 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1 Corinthians 2:6 6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1 Corinthians 2:7 7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

• The Word of God is our wisdom (Read: Deut. 4:4-6) It is only from the scriptures that we can become "wise unto salvation." (2 Tim. 3:15)

• This wisdom can be accentuated through believing prayer. (James 1:5) If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all, and it will be given to him. We are what we live and what we live is what we sow! Living by man's wisdom will sow sin and strife and we will reap confusion and worthless works. Living by God's wisdom will sow righteousness and peace; we will reap God's blessings.

God hates a troublemaker: Proverbs 6:16-19 (King James Version) 16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 19A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.) Lot followed the wisdom of the world and his holdings literally went up in smoke. Abraham based his decision on God's wisdom and his choice eventually led to blessings upon the whole world!

This may all seem deep today, but it is really simple, we are nothing without Christ and His wisdom.

He forgives us all the above transgressions and wisdom to change, how foolish we are. I believe in prayer, and I believe I will receive wisdom for I am hungry for it and I want to do Gods work. I hope you too are hungry and willing to ask for more wisdom. I know I can never get enough, I’m like a child with a young brain, now I want it to grow to fit who I am today. I love you Father in your precious Son Jesus Christ. Thank you for being here today and for the wisdom I will receive in Jesus Holy Name.

2 comments:

  1. Brenda very well stated.I myself believe that a person should try and learn something each and every day as I do cause you can never have enough wisdom but I was told by a guy once he had enough in his brain at his age .I told him there is always room to learn more if you let yourself.Brenda keep up the awesome work you are doing for God PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did great on this ty.......JR

    ReplyDelete