Tuesday, April 27, 2010

“Putting Jesus First in your Life”

You are guaranteed that God will do His good work in you when you put your your faith and trust in His Son Jesus Christ!

Philippians 2:13 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ JesusWho will be in control in your life? You or God?

“Let go, and let God lead your life” is the advice that I would like to share with you today.

In Exodus 3:7, the LORD said to Moses, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey-the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt." But for Moses it was not easy to let go and let God lead him. Verse 11 reads, but Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"

Pharaoh who was a proud king, displayed what it means not to let go and let God leads. In Exodus 5:1 the Bible reads, Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: 'Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the desert.' “Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go."

Just like Moses and Pharaoh, we too at times, by virtue of our knowledge and insights, find it hard to let go and let God lead sometimes. You have been controlling your lives for awhile now, and you have done a perfect job by doing so, haven't you? Take a look at your life; is there anything that you would like to do better, if only you were given the opportunity, or for most of us, if only you could, that’s the thought, if only! Well, you cannot, so let it go and let God lead your life now. When you allow God to be in control, you will find great change, amazing change, Roman’s 8:15 says it: For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Take charge of your life before satan does, if he hasn’t already, and if he has tell him to get behind you and let it go. Let Jesus in, your destiny is in your hands. I choose God to be in control in my life, who do you choose?

2 comments:

  1. pharaoh didnt really have a choice to let gods people go hes the all mighty god and he can do anything so like pharaoh i had to let the things of the world go and let christ into my heart........aJR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda like always awesome blog you have done again.Love to say I have taken Jesus into my life thanks to you but I have seen Satan take over I try daily to drop him but I need to work harder to take control but thanks to you in time with your help I know who will control my life as I do chose God.Keep up the great work Please.

    ReplyDelete