Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How does Faith affect you?

Today has been a real struggle mentally and physically. As I remain in constant prayer for my friend Gail, I personally deal with pain. As I put my hands in the trust of my worldly physician today to do some stem cell /steroid injections in both knees to give me relief from the physical pain my body is feeling, I was lying there crying from the pain when it hit me, where was my faith today.

I like so many others have the greatest faith for others but seem to lose it when it comes to me. I had to be there for three hours today, so I had plenty of time to think. We go thru many things each day living on faith of the wrong things; you get in the car and drive on faith. You don'' know if you are going to make it to your destination alive or not, but you go. You have faith that the food you buy that is grown by strangers is not harmful, so you eat it. You have faith that the doctors you see are competent. Therefore, you put yourself in their hands. If you did not have faith, if you did not trust others you would not be able to drive, eat, or get help in times of sickness. Your life would be very difficult.

Hebrews 11:4 says, "By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead." (NIV)(KJV) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.We do not know many details of Abel's faith. We do not know just how much was revealed to him. But we do know that his faith caused him to worship God. He picked the best of his flock to sacrifice to God. "and Abel brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and his offering, (Genesis 4:4, RSV). He brought it to the place of sacrifice. It was natural for Abel's faith in God to manifest itself in a blood sacrifice; (KJV vs)And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: a sacrifice that pointed to the Messiah. It was natural for Abel to worship. There is something wrong with the Christian who does not worship. Faith looks for opportunities to worship.

It is by faith that you are saved; you are justified; cleansed, and look forward to the return of Jesus. Faith is where you please God, admit your dependence upon Him, and continually seek to rely upon Him and His grace. "What has faith changed in your life?

Send your testimonies to me at msmorgantou2@yahoo.com I would love to hear about them..God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. its not wrong to pray for yourself and the healing of yourself we all need to do that from time to time .god always delevers gives us our needs so dont be sorry you need prayers to and dont think that i wouldnt pray for you cause you no i will anytime hope your friend does get better she is in gods hand hes the all mighty master loves us all ....fawn ....JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. You talk about faith Brenda is awesome but sometimes we give to much faith out in people and still things do not get done but I myself do forgive and I hope God will forgive the person that I had given faith to but not only that i trusted the same person and still she lied all at same time so now i turn and try to forgive.Hope your friend is doing well I pray for her back to good health.Keep up the great work you have been helping God with.

    ReplyDelete