Thursday, April 22, 2010

“Trusting His Way”

Jesus is meeting with his disciples for one last time before his arrest and crucifixion. There is a long conversation in John’s Gospel, and at one point, Jesus tells his disciples not to be worried or upset. Jesus is telling his disciples how to get from point A to point B – how to get from this life to eternal life. How to get to Heaven.


"Do not let your hearts be troubled,” Jesus told them. “Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. In addition, if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

Jesus says that WE know that way. But Thomas, who has this wonderful gift of being practical, says, “Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” John 14:1-6

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Now I know a lot of us women out there make fun of men because they refuse to ask for directions, but the Bible does tell us that Thomas did, so guess us ladies have to give the men a break and remind them to follow Thomas’ example. We have to get these directions right. How do we get from Point A – where we are now – to Point B – Heaven? We have to get these directions right. Moreover, thank God for Thomas, who asked that question, “how can we know the way?”


The answer Jesus gave was simple, “I am the way, the truth and the life,” Jesus said. “No one comes to the Father, except through me.”

2 comments:

  1. brenda this is so very true but i no the way now and i no where im going thru you and the friends that was there that night praying for me and i gave my heart and soul to God it made it all worth while ....ty jeaus ....JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog Brenda.I do trust God and I do trust you to help guide me to heaven when it is time to go as Jesus has madwe a place for me. Thank you for all your prayers.Keep it up Brenda
    please you are doing awesome work for helping God down here.

    ReplyDelete