Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Relationships"

In any relationship you have to learn what brings out the best in them, and then nourish that particular aspect of your relationship, rather it is a spouse, partner or acquaintance. You have to figure out what you can contribute to make this relationship a better one. It starts with putting others first and you will be amazed at what you will get in return. I have found without the Presence of God’s spirit, a relationship falls apart. I feel that the Lord is teaching us, “Without me ye can do nothing.



We are all, by nature; essentially are alone. The door to our personal home is closed shut and latched. God the Father and Christ want to change this situation. Notice how Jesus put it in Revelation 3:20:


"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock. If any man shall HEAR my voice, and OPEN the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."


Jesus desires to be our best friend, He wants us to call upon Him and He expects you to open the door when He knocks. . Your Savior says that what he would really like is to have you recognize his voice, open the door and invite him to come in -- sit down, relax, and enjoy a meal -- indeed, a feast together -- just you and him. This is the beginning of the greatest relationship that you will ever have. With Jesus as your BEST FRIEND, He will always have your back.


Our Savior emphasized to his disciples that his relationship with them (and certainly with us as well, if indeed we are his disciples!) was based primarily on friendship, not merely on a Master-servant association. Notice John 15:14-16: "You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants (slaves); for the servant knows not what his lord does: but I have called you FRIENDS; for all things that I have heard from my Father, I have made known to you. You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you."


I ask that you choose your friends, relationships wisely, ask for Gods advice, but never let anyone come before Christ. Always remember He is forever, your best friend, you will lose many relationships, friends and even family members, however you will never lose God. He loves and adores you, just remember He chose you….God bless you my friends.



1 comment:

  1. relationships are fine but the best relationship is when you put god 1st in your life and keep him the and be near to him oh man what a feeling that is when he pours out a blessing your heart cant contain thats a experience id love to fell 24-7.

    ReplyDelete