Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hurt? Love?

Have you ever wondered how you fell in love with someone or how you can love so many? Do we even know what love is? These are two good questions to ask yourself, then dig within yourself and see how you can change, can you love better, why do we love some differently than others?

In our day, most define love as some type of feeling. We "fall in love," or two people meet and it is "love at first sight." Nevertheless, the world's love is a selfish matter. If you are attractive to me, be nice to me, meet my needs and love me I in return will "love" you. Does this sound familiar to you?


Romans 5:8 says ". . . commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." The lost sinner living in rebellion and sin is still loved by the Lord. He loved us enough to die for us and pay our sin debt while we were sinning against Him. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) This is the action of totally being committed to the well being of others without regard for their worthiness even unto death. Jesus demonstrated that love when He suffered and died for our sins.

I find that in our society people take little of these scriptures at face value, Jesus loves us, He showed us that. People use the word love like any other word; it is probably the most misused word in the world. I find that with the word comes hurt and pain,


So many think they have real love, and they do, but not where they think, see with Jesus you have Agape love, there is no greater love, and never will be. So if you are out there and hurting because you were mistreated, mistrusted, or just because the person has nothing better to do with their life than hurt others, turn to a real love, JESUS CHRIST, He won’t turn His back on you like the men and women of this universe. Before you hurt someone else, talk to God, and think about the other person.

A true love for God, based on His immeasurable love for us...will keep you going when life is black as pitch and trouble is on every side. True biblical love will not be a roller coaster ride...it will keep you confidently moving ever forward...steadily for the Lord. I want that love. I love so easily, and hurt so heavily, but I forgive, as I know I have the greatest love ever, that of my Lord and Savior.



God bless you my friends…

No comments:

Post a Comment