Saturday, September 4, 2010

“Forgetfulness” “Forgiveness”

The Bible states that when one truly repents to the Lord and asks for forgiveness, your sins are then "cast into the sea of forgetfulness." How it is then that Jesus will judge us all for our sins if the sins are cast into the sea of forgetfulness?



"Come now and let us reason together, says the LORD, though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18) "For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." (Psalm 103:11-12)


It is true that God forgives our sin when we are saved, but we do confess our sins when we sin after that: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

This was on my mind this afternoon, as I thought about how upset I am with a family member, and how I need for them to say they are sorry and ask me to be part of their life. I realize if I wait on them, I may never get that, but as a Christian, I need to be the stronger and just go and forgive.

"But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." (Romans 14:10)


If I can’t then how can I go before God and ask for forgiveness, He loves me no matter what the situation is, He does not look down on me. I want to be able to go before Him on the Throne in Heaven and have a clear conscious, so this day I forgive all that have sinned against me. I love each and everyone in Jesus Name. Father I ask for forgiveness for all of my sins and for harboring a grudge against someone else. Please forgive me of all my sins, and I thank you for loving me in Jesus name I pray. Amen!


God never forgets us, He loves us. Give all your sins to God, and then leave them there. If you are angry with anyone, or hurt by him or her, be the better person and forgive him or her. Try not to be forgetful, if you make promises, keep them…

God bless you my friends







2 comments:

  1. this is so true Brenda and one day i need to forgive a lots of people keep your work coming on this is awesomeeeeeee

    HBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Brenda.Lots of people have hurt me some I have forgiven some I have not but myself I know I am going to have to forgive in order to carry on.I do as God to listen and take my sins away so far I have felt he has as I feel good about myself but I do know there is a couple I still hold on to that one day will be let go also.Keep up the great work Girl.

    ReplyDelete