Tuesday, March 23, 2010

“Through My Fathers Eyes”

I have a friend that I have known for years who has two children, a daughter and a son. He is always bragging on how good their grades are, how they are so smart. How his daughter is growing up to be such a beautiful young woman and how his son is the most handsome person. He and his wife are just so proud of their children. You know you picture in your mind wow they must be so awesome and beautiful because their father has talked about them non-stop. While having a conversation one day I heard a child in the background, I couldn’t really understand exactly what the child was saying so I ask my friend, he said oh that’s (for privacy reason we shall call him Ronnie) Ronnie, he wants to know what’s for dinner, I just said oh ok. It’s ok he says to me Ronnie has autism. As we talked and I ask more and more about the kids, never once did my friend try to sugarcoat the situation, it was always about how beautiful his kids were. This made me realize if only I could see through this fathers eyes, would I ever be so quick to judge others or stare anymore?

This made me think so very much of how a Father’s love actually is, how they hold their children, admiring and smothering them with hugs and tender kisses. This made me think about my heavenly Father, and how He brought each of us into this world, how He molded each of us. I can imagine Him holding each of us in His loving arms and nurturing us. I thought if only I could see like He sees me and how He sees others, maybe I could be so much more loving and understanding of what someone else might be going through.

“He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice…I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.“ (John 10:3-4, 11)

“My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand. What my Father has given me is greater than all else, and no one can snatch it out of the Father’s hand.” (John 10:27-29)


The next time you look at someone try to see him or her through a Fathers eye, and then take a second to realize just how Jesus sees you. You are His child, let Him cuddle you and hold you in His arms always. To Him we are all so beautiful for He molded us in His own image.

Father, please forgive me for all the times I have looked at someone and just stared, I ask now Father that you allow me to see them through your eyes, and to show mercy and kindness towards all. Bless my friends Father as they continue watching their children grow and become even more beautiful. We thank you in Jesus name. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Brenda as we all you also must take time and look into Jesus's eyes as he shows us how people look to him and just how beautiful they really are.Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete