Thursday, March 18, 2010

God's Will or Ours

Life sometimes takes us in directions that confuse us and we do not know if what we are feeling is from God or if it is of our own wants and desires. I find myself asking God daily to lead me to do His will, to help me find the right road and strength to forgive those that are consistently on my case. Sometimes I just want to give up, but I know that taking that road is the low road and will lead to total devastation. I hope that you will ask God for His purpose and will for your life as I am and follow the simple scripture below to understand. God bless you!


Proverbs 3:1-8

If you want God to lead you in life, put Him first in everything

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

"He will make your paths straight"—the message will be obvious to you, and God will remove the obstacles that would keep you from following His will for you. It sounds wonderful, doesn't it? But why are we not experiencing it every day?

Trust in the Lord. When you feel Him leading, you and you do not know where you will end up or how you will get through, Trust Him anyway. Act on the idea that God is there. If He leads you, you can trust Him.

Do not lean on your own understanding. Recognize that you desperately need God's hand in your life, both guiding you and enabling you. Never trust yourself with your life…

In all your ways, acknowledge Him. Make sure that your life shows that God is the one you honor, love and obey.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come in to Him, and will dine with him, and he with Me." - Revelation 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment